Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Don't you know anything about Myth Drannor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  22:27:08  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've got a little problem to understand exactly who are the leaders of the Army of Darkness during the fall of Myth Drannor
I think it's the Nycaloth, but who are they and what's their history?
Is the Nefarious an other name for them?

Edited by - zemd on 08 Dec 2002 11:28:39

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  17:04:44  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My dear Zemd (sigh.....LOVE those french ladies... ),

I like to think of myself as well-versed in Elven-lore, but I honestly have NO idea as to what factions you are speaking of...I also think that I speak for most of the other scribes in this regard, as I have been watching this question (I believe you post it in another forum as well) for some time now and none have offered any information...

The 3rd ed. Faerun Handbook makes no mention of the groups that you speak of....you may have to search through some fiction (novels, short stories, etc.) to find the answers you seek...

You may wish to personally ask Alaundo or Mumadar...they have shown amazing adeptness as such feats...

Oh...and are you single? (book falls on Arion's head) Ouch! Sorry, Master Alaundo.....(walks away grumbling...)

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  19:04:39  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you my dear Arion!
Finally someone answered me!
So i'll try to ask my question more clearly:
In the 2nd edition, there's a book untitled "The Fall Of Myth Drannor". You can download it at wizards.com
In this book, it is written that the Nycaloths lead the army of darkness (i'm think so)
One of them is called Aulmpiter. He was killed in the final battle before the Fall by Kelvhan Olortynnal who sacrified himself. With no learder left the Army of Darkness just outnumbered the last defensers of Myth Drannor
The others are called Gaulguth and Malimshaer.
These tree "guys" (i don't even know there race!) are also refered as the Khov'Anilessa and the Trio Nefarious. Apparently they were defeated a first time 1800 years before 714DR...

So, in this library full of wonderful scribes, will someone answer my question: Who are the Nycaloths?

One last thing, how can i directly ask the question to Alaundo or Mumadar?

Am i single? ... Well... (cast teleport without error to my room)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  19:30:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by zemd
One last thing, how can i directly ask the question to Alaundo or Mumadar?

You more or less have zemd! I keep a constant eye on the forums daily and I know that Mumadar is a frequent and knowledgable visitor. However I must say I havent delved into your query, I got caught up in a huge scroll entitled "task list" and it appears to have wrapped itself around me! now if I...can.... just..... get out....of this...... hhmmmmmfffff

Ahem, Ill try to find out some of this information for you, in the meantime im sure other realmslore masters will be looking too and help you out.

Whoah, what was that?!?! Just a moment, I was sat at my desk one minute, a sudden flash and now im in a plush bedroom, and........... ahhhh, Greetings zemd!......

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 08 Dec 2002 19:32:54
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2002 :  19:32:06  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Alaundo *kiss him on the nose*
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2002 :  10:21:42  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<Picks up large scroll from the floor that a moment ago was wrapped around an unfortunate Alaundo...>

Now where did he go off to... He knows the basement has been closed by Tethoril after too many of the other scribes went down there to sample from the 'drow knowledge' and the booze...

Anyway... what's on this tasklist... upload new items to Candlekeep website... hmmm... Investigate Chat Room possibility... What manner of sorcery is Alaundo involved in... ah... Nycaloths, why does that ring a bell. These demons/devils haven't been around for a while on Torlil I believe. If they were, I'm sure the elves of Evermeet would have taken notice and action...

Hmmm let me think... there were these three 'generals' of the army of Darkness that sacked Myth Drannor. Somehow they got access to Toril due to the Dawn Cataclysm caused by Lathander's actions. The Morning Lord brought darkness instead of the light he intended... Hmmm... intrigueing I might have to reasearch the tomes in my room. Now if I could vanish like Alaundo did and find myself back in the USA, I could research that... Guess it'll have to wait a little longer...
Go to Top of Page

Captain Louis
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  22:12:53  Show Profile  Visit Captain Louis's Homepage Send Captain Louis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Zemd, the three nycaloths you mentioned were the leaders of the Amry of Darkness. After being brought to the Realms (I had heard they were summoned by a Netherese wizard to test Cormanthor's defenses), the Trio (and the wizard, if the Trio was indeed summoned) waged a gurellia war against Myth Drannor. After killing hundreds of elven scouting parties, the elves came out in full force and defeated the Trio after a day long battle. Being unable to utterly destroy the Trio, the elves enclosed then in a pocket in the mythal. The pocket would only open when a red dragon that never knew malice flew over the city of Myth Drannor.

Good red dragons are a rare thing, and for 1800 years the Trio was enclosed above Myth Drannor, and were forgotten. However, the Red Dragon Garnet, which was magically altered to be part red dragon, part blue dragon, with a lawful good nature was hatched to the mage Saeval Ammath, and for years the dragon slowly weakened the Trio's prison. Finally when the pocket fell apart, the Trio teleported to the side of a flind shamen in the North who was attepmting to summon a powerful being to serve him. After a few months of following the flind's wishes, the Trio killed him and took control of all the flinds under his control. The Trio quickly took control of most of the tribes of evil humanoids in the North, and after summoning more yugoloths to serve as generals and elite fighters, sent out to conqure Myth Drannor

This was not a horde but an inteligent army, and was able to evade elves, hide their true numbers, and steal powerful magic to bolster their power. Despite being killed by the thousands, the Army of Darkness was too large to be defeated, and the elves, along with their allies were eventually defeated. All of the Trio were killed, but because they were not from the Prime Material Plane, might have only been banished.

The Trio were Aulmpiter, the brains of the opperantion, Gaulguth the beserker and fighter, and Malimshaer, the sneaky rogue.

Ow, I cut my lip!
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2002 :  12:51:41  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU very much!
where did you find this informations?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000