Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Lost Empires of Faerun contents page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  02:22:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldskool

I never said it before, but I just have to complement you on your choice of usernames, Wooly Rupert.

heheheheh. I really enjoyed the Space Hamster entry in the MC Appendix: Spelljammer, if only as a source of laughter rather than serious game stats.

Wooly Rupert (the Spelljammer one, not you) always sort of reminded me of Spiny Norman from that old Monty Python episode...

"Dimmesdale!"

"Dimmesdale!"

*giggles noisily to himself*

oldskool

Not many people recognize that name.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  04:12:16  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well its only 10 days till February

and George if its not out in Sydney on Feb 1 Im marching for Adelaide to look at YOUR ADVANCE COPY!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  05:10:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Well its only 10 days till February

and George if its not out in Sydney on Feb 1 Im marching for Adelaide to look at YOUR ADVANCE COPY!

Confound it . I won't be in Adelaide until the 25th of February. Maybe I can persuade the High Up Man to send me there early. That way, I can beat Dargoth to George's copy... .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  05:12:26  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Advance copy. Yeah, I've heard of those. Wouldn't that be nice ... I'm in the queue with the rest of you guys!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  05:47:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Advance copy. Yeah, I've heard of those. Wouldn't that be nice ... I'm in the queue with the rest of you guys!

-- George Krashos

Hmmm maybe Ed Bonny has a copy, is Ed a Wage slave or a contractor?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  11:29:59  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

I would hope he has a copy, since he did contribute towards it.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

edbonny
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  15:22:26  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
Oh, I agree on that. Please if you can stick around. I have a feeling in about a month, some scribes will have a few questions for you.

I'm not going anywhere.

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  15:29:06  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do not have an advance copy either. I will be getting my copy off the shelf the same time as everyone else. So much material was submitted, I am really excited over seeing what made the cut and what didn't. Are you all interested in me listing the half of the book that I worked on?

And I was a contractor on this one. I live too far away from Wizards HQ to work in their offices. Although if I ever get to Seattle, I will be applying for a full-time job there be it as a game designer, assistant receptionist to the receptionist or senior dice-cleaner.

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  16:26:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edbonny
I do not have an advance copy either. I will be getting my copy off the shelf the same time as everyone else. So much material was submitted, I am really excited over seeing what made the cut and what didn't. Are you all interested in me listing the half of the book that I worked on?

Yes, please do.

quote:

I will be applying for a full-time job there be it as a game designer, assistant receptionist to the receptionist or senior dice-cleaner.

Is it true the senior dice cleaners terrorize the junior dice cleaners on a daily basis?
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  16:35:25  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is it true the senior dice cleaners terrorize the junior dice cleaners on a daily basis?

So I've heard... one of the many perks for the senior guys at Wizards.
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  16:52:59  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By popular demand, presenting the half of LEOF I worked on (marked with an "eb"):

Introduction 4 - eb
The Ruin-Based Campaign 4 - eb
What’s Inside 5
What You Need to Play 5

Chapter 1: Ancient Secrets 6
Ancient Feats (Travis and I designed most of these. I believe these were done in-house: craft scepter, item reprieve)
Arcane Manipulation 6 - eb
Arcane Transfiguration 6 - eb
Channel Charge 7
Cormanthyran
Moon Magic 7
Craft Scepter 8
Familiar Concentration 8 - eb
Godsight 8 - eb
Greenbound Summoning 8 - eb
Item Reprieve 8
Jergal’s Pact 8
Multilingual 8
Netherese Battle Curse 8
Servant of the Fallen 9
Spell Reprieve 9 - eb
Trapmaster 9
Wounding Spell 9 - eb

Prestige Classes 10 (Travis designed the other 2 of these)
Cultist of the Shattered Peak 10
Glorious Servitor 13 - eb
Magelord 17 - eb
Olin Gisir 21
Sunmaster 25 - eb

Ancient Spells 29 - I believe these are an equal mix of mine and Travis' work. I don't know if any were added after we submitted our work.
Assassin Spell 29
Bard Spell 29
Cleric Spells 29
Druid Spells 29
Paladin Spell 29
Sorcerer/Wizard Spells 29
Spell Descriptions 30

Chapter 2: A mix of all three designers.
Dreams of the Past 36
The Ruins of the Past 36 - eb
Cities into Dungeons 36 - eb
Interesting Sites 38 - eb
Ancient Deities 41
Amaunator 41
Auppenser 41 - eb
Bhaal 41
Gilgeam 42
Leira 42
Moander 42
Myrkul 43
Ramman 43
Tchazzar 43
Epic Magic 43
Mystra’s Ban and Epic Magic 43
Epic Spell 43
Epic Spell Seeds 44 - eb (at least one is mine if there is more than one)
Mythals 45
What Is a Mythal? 45
Raising a Mythal 45
Sample Mythal: The Wards of Silverymoon 50

Chapter 3: The Crown Wars - Ancient Elven kingdoms - Travis
Chapter 4: God-Kings of the East - eb
Chapter 5: Realms of the High Forest - eb
Chapter 6: Fallen Netheril - Travis
Chapter 7: The Imperial South - eb
Chapter 8: The Dream of Cormanthyr - Travis
Chapter 9: The Old North - eb
Chapter 10: Artifacts of the Past - all three designers
> Major Artifacts -- fans of Imaskar (I'm one of them) get a really good treat here - eb
Chapter 11: Monsters of the Ancient Lands - mostly revised 3.0
Greenbound Creature - eb

Edited by - edbonny on 20 Jan 2005 17:00:07
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2005 :  23:28:06  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like you have been poking around in a lot of different places Ed Almost forgot to welcome you Ed, I can always blame it that I had Imaskari on my mind. That usally makes me into a single track CD. Any how, Welcome to the forum Ed. I am sure once this tome is out you will be up in questions over your ears.

quote:

By popular demand, presenting the half of LEOF I worked on (marked with an "eb"):

> Major Artifacts -- fans of Imaskar (I'm one of them) get a really good treat here.

And for the record you are my new Hero

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi

Edited by - Hymn on 20 Jan 2005 23:32:51
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  04:37:59  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't recall seeing any postings by him. Thus, if you are ever in contact with Travis Stout, please extend an invitation for him to peek in on these forums. We don't bite newcomers...much.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  05:08:13  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't recall seeing any postings by him. Thus, if you are ever in contact with Travis Stout, please extend an invitation for him to peek in on these forums. We don't bite newcomers...much.

Hmm, speaking of which, we do have a supply of muzzles around for the biters, don't we?

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  05:44:58  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Casts Mystic lash*

How many times do I have to tell you two!! DONT mention the Torture chamber until AFTER the Author/Developer/Guest has been safely securely inside the dungeon!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  05:49:44  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*Casts Mystic lash*

How many times do I have to tell you two!! DONT mention the Torture chamber until AFTER the Author/Developer/Guest has been safely securely inside the dungeon!

But, why can't we talk about the Rec Room?

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  06:03:05  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:

*Casts Mystic lash*

But, why can't we talk about the Rec Room?

Because you'll scare off the vict- I mean guests

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  14:20:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for the details, Mr Bonny. We appreciate that .

Looks like there's a nice mix of past deities information, and background material on the ancient Realms. Good stuff .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  04:24:29  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ancient Spells 29 - I believe these are an equal mix of mine and Travis' work. I don't know if any were added after we submitted our work.
Assassin Spell 29
Bard Spell 29
Cleric Spells 29
Druid Spells 29
Paladin Spell 29
Spell Descriptions 30

I dont suppose one of those spells would be Larlochs minor drain?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  11:33:30  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Assassin Spell 29
Bard Spell 29
Cleric Spells 29
Druid Spells 29
Paladin Spell 29
Spell Descriptions 30

I dont suppose one of those spells would be Larlochs minor drain?

I don't remember Travis submitting that one and I know I didn't either. But there is hope. Some of the feats were added after Travis and I were done with our part. This may have also been the case with spells but I cannot say for certain.

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  23:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed

Where there many Creator named spells in LEOF?

hmmmm 5 days till february........

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 25 Jan 2005 23:33:27
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  00:00:12  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ed

Where there many Creator named spells in LEOF?

hmmmm 5 days till february........

I don't think any Creator spells are in the book. Some were 3.5 adaptations of prior spells from 2nd edition. I added a few new ones created by a certain worldwalking Mulhorandi wizard not seen in the Realms for centuries.

Is LEOF releasing in the US on the 1st of February?

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  00:06:24  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wishful thinking on my behalf

By the way what do you think of my idea's for detailing the Zenthyri and Chaond presence in the FR

http://www.candlekeep.com./forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3785

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  09:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and so it begins

10 reasons why you should buy LEOF

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20050126news

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 26 Jan 2005 11:52:11
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  11:43:05  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

abd so it begins

Nice

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  12:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm I wonder if LEOF is getting an early february release

Normally the "10 Reasons to buy this book" article comes out in the first few days of the month the books released where getting the LOEF article a week early

The Designer interview and the Excerpt seem to come out the same week as the Top 10 with the art gallery coming out a week later

There could be some more LEOF goodies coming up in the next couple of days....

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  13:54:28  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wishful thinking on my behalf

By the way what do you think of my idea's for detailing the Zenthyri and Chaond presence in the FR

http://www.candlekeep.com./forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3785

Very nice. For a while now these two planetouched needed to be caught up with the aasimon/tiefling set (especially in the Realms). The zenythri power up is very cool (keen is good, I say). The chaond is a bit harder. Besides shatter floor (which is a great direction for the feat), what else is out there -- disintegrate seems obvious but the character couldonly take such a feat at 11th level at the least IMO.

- Ed
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  16:23:34  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

and so it begins

You make it sound ominious, like the start of a siege. Thanks for letting us know about the article.

I noticed this part

quote:

plus instructions for those who want take action to bring them (dead gods) back to Faerûn.

That should make many players happy who always want to bring back certain deities.

Oh, this one was interesting too

quote:

2. Make Mythals: You know your party's home base really needs one of these for defense.

While I love any lore on mythal creation, I never quite thought I'd see the day where an article would make me feel the uber-party I had years ago while gaming in Germany were a bunch of underachievers cause they didn't have mythal defense for their home base. Oh well, we didn't have moonblades either. What a bunch of slackers.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  16:30:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm I wonder if LEOF is getting an early february release

The major online vendors for the most part keep insisting a March 2 or thereabouts relese. Then again, those folks usually are the last to get gaming tomes. FRP Games and RPGShop usually get gaming tomes before Amazon, BAM, and B&N. I would love for an early February release.

quote:

There could be some more LEOF goodies coming up in the next couple of days....

I hope so. The interview and art gallery should be interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  20:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im not sure I agree with WOTC view that LOEF is a PLAYERS book (The article was called 10 reasons for PLAYERS to buy LEOF) No players book should have monster stats in it

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page