Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Cover Art of PGtF
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  18:29:41  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings
Is the elven mage on the cover of PGtF Araevin ? It sure looks like him if you compare it to the cover art of Forsaken House.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2004 :  21:25:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bladesinger

Greetings
Is the elven mage on the cover of PGtF Araevin ? It sure looks like him if you compare it to the cover art of Forsaken House.

I don't recall hearing that the cover depicted Araevin. You might want to ask this in Richard Baker's thread or see if Adam Rex has a web site and ask him.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2004 :  01:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Greetings

Probably not.

There's an FR group of iconic characters-like Mialee and her ilk. They were used in art for Underdark, City of the Spider Queen, and Player's Guide to Faerun, and probably some other books(can't remember off the top of my head). You can see the elven mage in the illustrations on pages 19, 47, 62, 84, 105, and 108 of City of the Spider Queen-I doubt Araevin's appearance would have been finalized that long ago.
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2005 :  02:09:41  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'm gonna ask Adam Rex about it.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2005 :  16:56:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks, I'm gonna ask Adam Rex about it.

Welcome. Glad to hear you know how to contact him. Please share whatever response he communicates to you.
Go to Top of Page

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2005 :  08:07:43  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is Araevin. Check p.123 in Underdark - Araevin, and Belmora, the now-deceased cleric of Moradin from the Company of the White Star.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2005 :  16:15:05  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

It is Araevin. Check p.123 in Underdark - Araevin, and Belmora, the now-deceased cleric of Moradin from the Company of the White Star.

Where can I find more information on these Iconic FR NPCs?

Thanks

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document

Edited by - warlockco on 03 Jan 2005 16:19:56
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  00:44:46  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not aware of there being any "official" information about the Iconic FR characters depicted on the covers of the various hardbacks, I could be wrong though. I'd suggest posting on the ask rich baker thread over on FR forums at WotC

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  23:46:12  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tamsar

I'm not aware of there being any "official" information about the Iconic FR characters depicted on the covers of the various hardbacks, I could be wrong though. I'd suggest posting on the ask rich baker thread over on FR forums at WotC

Aye, will bug him about that, since he is back from vacation now.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  17:46:45  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[QUOTE=Richard Baker]Not that we've published. We have a set of stats for internal playtesting (basically, each of the characters at levels 1 to 15). They're actually a little long in the tooth now, since we ought to bring 'em up to 3.5 and the PGtoF.[/QUOTE]

Guess they don't have published stats.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  20:05:46  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got Mr.Rex's reply today. It's Aeraevin on both covers.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  20:18:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I got Mr.Rex's reply today. It's Aeraevin on both covers.

Interesting, did he provide any other details that you can cut and paste/share?
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  21:05:58  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Interesting, did he provide any other details that you can cut and paste/share?

Here, I'll paste the whole answer.

Yes, the elves are both the same guy. I believe his name is Araevin.
He seems to pop up in a lot of things. I did the Player's Guide
first, and was asked to make A. a little beefier on the cover of
Forsaken House, hence the discrepencies between the covers.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  21:57:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Here, I'll paste the whole answer.

Gracias for tracking him down and sharing his reply.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000