Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Whisper of Waves cover
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  03:42:22  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Forgive me if this has been posted already, I was doing my Champions of Ruin order and Best of the Realms 2 order and saw this and though, "Hey I don't remember seeing that posted before."

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0786938374.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

So there it is. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  07:57:37  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed, this was included in a previous site update, SirUrza, and is shown on the Whisper of Waves page in the Novels section. Thank ye anyway

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  13:42:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the cover artist?
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  17:11:21  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That`s one big ugly fish. Any idea what it is?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  19:12:46  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Sir for link.I like the cover art.It's pretty neat,and well done...

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2005 :  22:48:24  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

That`s one big ugly fish. Any idea what it is?

I would hazard a guess at it being a morkoth. It bears some similarity to an aboleth, but those things usually lair in underground lakes.
However, looking closely, it doesn't appear to be a fish, but rather a snake or dragon. I couldn't say what it is in that case, but a water hydra seems unlikely.

So sayeth the Smyther, the Dark Bard of Amn.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  03:58:22  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will this series have anything to do with the Threat from the Sea trilogy? Or any tie ins of any sort? I haven't read those yet though.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  09:36:50  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt it would have anything to do with the TFTS trilogy. There's a thread dedicated to the trilogy here: http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2786

In that thread Thomas M Reid asked Phil for us and he got this reply on the what the trilogy is about

quote:
As I suspected, Phil's not really interested in coming online himself and participating in discussions, but he did pass along this tidbit about his upcoming Watercourse Trilogy. He says: "The trilogy tells of one man's efforts to build a canal that will at last link the Sea of Fallen Stars and the great western oceans. Powerful forces line up to both oppose and support him, with the citizens and leaders of the city-state of Innarlith caught in the middle."

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

silvermage
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  11:22:43  Show Profile  Visit silvermage's Homepage Send silvermage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm interesting, Paec_djinn, and what will that novel be named as?
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  14:39:08  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first novel of the trilogy, as the title of this thread suggests, is Whisper of Waves followed by Lies of Light and Scream of Stones.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  16:22:29  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paec_djinn

I doubt it would have anything to do with the TFTS trilogy. There's a thread dedicated to the trilogy here: http://candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2786

In that thread Thomas M Reid asked Phil for us and he got this reply on the what the trilogy is about

quote:
As I suspected, Phil's not really interested in coming online himself and participating in discussions, but he did pass along this tidbit about his upcoming Watercourse Trilogy. He says: "The trilogy tells of one man's efforts to build a canal that will at last link the Sea of Fallen Stars and the great western oceans. Powerful forces line up to both oppose and support him, with the citizens and leaders of the city-state of Innarlith caught in the middle."

Hope that helps.

An interesting idea there. Sounds like a lot of work for that man. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  19:25:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair
An interesting idea there.

Yes, it is an interesting idea to base a plot around. That reason is why I'm giving Mr. Athans another chance and will purchase this tome.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  23:04:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair
An interesting idea there.

Yes, it is an interesting idea to base a plot around. That reason is why I'm giving Mr. Athans another chance and will purchase this tome.

Yeah, same here. I'm particularly curious to see if it gets pulled off -- we've not had many geographical changes to the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  01:00:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds interesting - but Sea of Fallen Stars to the Trackless Sea? That's a pretty large canal. I'm eagerly waiting to see how Phil will suspend my disbelief (unless of course it never actually gets built - and the trilogy is about the attempt to do so ...).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  03:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

It sounds interesting - but Sea of Fallen Stars to the Trackless Sea? That's a pretty large canal. I'm eagerly waiting to see how Phil will suspend my disbelief (unless of course it never actually gets built - and the trilogy is about the attempt to do so ...).

-- George Krashos

That is definately one hell of a canal. I guess with magic, it could be done more easily. Still, sounds like whoever the character in the novel who has this idea is one crazy mofo.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  09:51:41  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

I'd much rather that this were the case. I think that if this operation exceeds (which is quite likely from a storytelling point of view) then it will change the Realms quite drastically in terms of technology, trade and communications. This is a little too advanced and civilised for the setting, in my opinion.

I don't mind the idea of someone wanting to build the canal but i'd much prefer the plans foiled at the early stages by the Zhentarim and other forces.

I'll definately be reading this when it's released anyway.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  12:34:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad
I don't mind the idea of someone wanting to build the canal but i'd much prefer the plans foiled at the early stages by the Zhentarim and other forces.

I'd rather see twenty canals built with passengers on ships singing "Rock the Boat," over and over again than to suffer through one more, "an ancient race returns to the Realms" plot in a novel/gaming product.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  16:07:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

I'd rather see the plans foiled, too, but not necessary at an early stage. I think it would be interesting if at least part of the canal was dug before it was stopped.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  16:08:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

I'd rather see twenty canals built with passengers on ships singing "Rock the Boat," over and over again than to suffer through one more, "an ancient race returns to the Realms" plot in a novel/gaming product.

Good point -- we've had far too many returns. One or two I don't mind, but they were going overboard on that for a while.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000