Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Artifacts..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  02:27:44  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Targon, it might be a little long-lived, but otherwise I don't see any problems with it. Well -- maybe you should add a drawback, like that it drains strength or hit points every so often.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

sabre
Acolyte

Turkey
47 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  22:22:36  Show Profile Send sabre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"He came with the wind.Stanis was his name,8 feet,as strong as a dragon and as agile as a mountain cat ,pure evil and clever he was.
He crushed a kingdom with conspiracy and smart moves.His heart was ancient his mind was never beaten.he took the crown and named himself the emperor.With his steel gauntlet he built himself an empire "vengeance"...Many heroes tried to put an end to his life ,to his evil.He killed them in cold blood like wind scatters the dust.Many paladins fell before him,many would-be heroes gave their last breath in his hands.And because he never lost they have given him the title "battlemaster".While he did all of this he just carried a long and thin sword "razor"."
Stanis is my last villain.My players are trying to stop and kill him.
in my latest game.Actually they had managed to gather an army and started to march against him.
Anyway stanis is a half-dragon sorcerer of very high level.He crafted himself an artifact "razor".
razor is a major artifact.It is a +7 keen, armor damaging, vorpal long sword.It is an intelligent weapon of chaotic neutral alignment and loves ,adores his master.His blade 3 feet long no wider than 1/2 inch.he has a 10 inch handle and 5 inch hiltguard.His blade is always very bright and milky white.It comminicates via telepathy.
He has two very important abilities.
First he is armor damaging every succesful hit with this sword damages the armor of the opponent,in game terms on every hit give -2 to the opponent's ac.
Second it is vorpal but in a different way;when it threatens a critical roll again ,if the second roll is a critical too then roll a d6 and look at the table below;
1-a hand goes off 4-a leg goes off over the knee
2-an arm goes off 5-head goes off
3-a leg goes off 6-razor cut the opponent in
below the knee two pieces.
Razor has one drawback ;He loves his master and when he is killed(and it is soon i guess)he wont let anyone to take control of him .he can cast unlimited shocking grasp on it is wielder and that makes him useless.But who knows maybe oneday a worthy and crazy wielder might appear and wield him.

sabre
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  05:38:59  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I must say that I like the idea of a villan that doesn't have a truely evil weapon. It's fearsome, but it doesn't have an urge to kill or destroy or dominate. It just wants to serve its master. Certainly a different look at an evil guy's equipment.

(Just a friendly hint, Sabre, I'm not trying to be mean, but I almost skipped over your post because of the bad grammer. Try to pay more attention to this sort of thing when you want to be taken seriously. If you thought of a thing like this weapon, then surely you can do that. )

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  06:04:04  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yasraena is currently weilding this sword. When she was investigating goings on in Hellgate Keep, she met up with the namesake of the weapon who had been turned into a wraith and told to guard the entrance to the underhalls. King Gildamere gave her the sword with her promise that she would use it to vanquish the succubus, Sarya, who had taken over the keep and done this to him. She also promised to return the sword when the task was done, but was unable to do so when she returned because the Zhentarim had then taken over the keep and destroyed the undead king and his servants. She has kept and used it in his honor and memory ever since.

Long Sword of King Gildamere
A long sword of Demon Slaying +7, +10 vs. ANY Abyssal creature.
Will automatically give 2 attacks/round. This is cumulative if wielder is hasted and/or specialized in the long sword. (normal attacks 3/2, now 5/2, hasted 5/1)
If within 40' of any Abyssal creature and NOT being wielded, it will fly from the owners scabbard and attack as a 'Sword of Dancing' for 2 at/round. To grasp the sword while in this state, an attack roll must be made vs. AC 1.
The sword will also point in the direction of any Abyssal creature within 300'. The wielder will feel a strong 'tug' from the sword in the direction of the creature.
Wielder is immune to all forms of cold and electricity and all non-magical forms of fire.
Will heal wielder to full hits every 10 rounds unless they are at -7 hits or more.
It is imbedded with 3, 10 carat gems which give the wielder the immunity to the elements. Sapphire – Cold, Ruby – Fire, Diamond - Electricity
The sword is good aligned and only the good aligned may wield it.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  10:15:59  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like your sword. My only sword is my Moonblade.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  00:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Targon. Actually, thank my GM as he was the one who created it.

Here a two more items that she wears, although I don't know if they classify as artifacts.

Tasmia’s Heart
This elaborate high-necked bustier is laced and lined with black silk and adorned with Sapphires and Beljurils. It sustained the High Lady Tasmia’s life both underwater, functioning as a helm of underwater action and a ring of free action, and for centuries beyond measure, working in some unknown manner to slow her aging and preserve her life force.

Ring of the Arch-Mage
A ring of the purest Mithril, acts as a special Ring of Wizardry. It will allow the wearer to memorize twice the number of spells allowed per level per day.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  00:29:29  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have any spare Ring of the Arch-Mage or do you know where I could get one? I'm a level 7 mage and that ring would really help!

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  00:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure it would help at ANY level. I'm 15/14 and with it I can cast over 50 spells a day.
As I said in a previous post somewhere, Yasraena was originnally made using ICE's Rolemaster system. That ring is basically a x2 spell multiplyer from that system. (It uses spell points as opposed to memorizing them. You learn the spells once, and can cast as many as you wish in a day as long as you have enough points to do so) My GM ok'd it as a kind of 'super' Ring of Wizardry when I converted her over to 2nd Ed, so I can safely say that it is a one of a kind item in the Realms. If it ever gets destroyed, I doubt that I could ever replace it. (short of a Wish, that is)

Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000