Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Azmaer's Return
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2005 :  01:51:12  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In researching Shadowdale, I reread the part about Azmaer, the last drow marshall of the Twisted Tower, and I got to thinking . . . as the book points out, he could still be alive, and now that the Jaelre and Auzkovyn are wandering Cormanthor and trying to get a foothold in Myth Drannor, wouldn't this be an interesting time for Azmaer to show up and perhaps throw his lot in with the surface drow.

He knows the terrain, so he would be a very good tactical advisor, and likely knows thing about the area that the current inhabitants don't. Not to mention he may know of various secret locations of drow stockpiles and the like from "the good ole days." In fact, I am thinking of the Baelnorn Bane blades that I mentioned in my Vale of Lost Voices thread as possibly being revealed to the Jaelre by Azmaer.

Does anyone know if his fate is hinted at anywhere else in Realmslore that I might have missed?

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2005 :  01:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im pretty sure the Twisted tower was an outpost for Maerimydra, given that city's destruction during Lolths silence (See City of the Spider Queen) its likely that Azmaer is dead. Also Maerimydra was a Lolth dominated city and Azmaer may not be willing to work with the Vhaerun worshiping Jalre and Auzkovyn

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2005 :  02:05:00  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just going by the fact that Azmaer's body was never found, and the material pointed out that it was likely that he would not be welcomed back home if he returned after loosing the surface outpost. Since it specifically said his matron would not be pleased, I started thinking, if he is now a renegade, might he not be willing to change sides and perhaps work with Vhearunites? 400 years is a long time to contemplates the course of one's spiritual life, and drow are renowed oppourtunists.

He may well be dead, but I always love it when a "blast from the past" still has a fairly logical chance of returning without warping things too much.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2005 :  16:43:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If Azmaer was male, I can definitely see him willing to switch sides.... especially if he's just seen Maerimydra fall and what with Lolth's silence happening. Intriguing idea.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Brom Greenstar
Acolyte

Argentina
25 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2005 :  12:44:49  Show Profile  Visit Brom Greenstar's Homepage Send Brom Greenstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so likely that i figured that he will betray those two and take charge
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000