Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Winthrop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:21:45  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hmmm... someone just created an account for Winthrop... with gender specification female... somehow that doesn't sound right...

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 17 Feb 2003 17:22:56

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not? Who is Winthrop, anyway? Am I supposed to know him from the books?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:32:48  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He/she is supposed to be the innkeper of the Candlekeep Inn... to be opened soon within the walls of Candlekeep...
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:38:08  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Winthrop the canon name of the innkeeper or BioWare's creation?

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:41:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I knew that . . . I was just wondering if Winthrop was created for our Candlekeep Inn, or for one within canon Realmslore.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:46:39  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Echon is hinting at, I can't recall if the innkeep's name in the Baldur's Gate game is Winthrop or not... somehow it seems familiar enough to be the case. If indeed the case, I have no clue if it is a Bioware creation or a canon name...

Maybe re-reading The Trial of Cyric sheds some light... Or, closer at hand for me, checking into Volo's Guide to the Sowrd Coast...
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:54:27  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Winthrop is the name used in Baldur's Gate.

Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast says nothing about Winthrop or an Inn. The same goes for FRCS.

-Echon

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 17 Feb 2003 18:04:37
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  18:03:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, okay, thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  18:18:18  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Hmmm... someone just created an account for Winthrop... with gender specification female... somehow that doesn't sound right...

That's strange...but if she wants to be Withrop, she must act like him(like a men)

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."

Edited by - Ranaghar Tsaran on 17 Feb 2003 18:19:55
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  18:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait, why does the barkeep have to be a man? Why can't a woman do it?

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  18:37:40  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman serving drinks. I think the point is that Winthrop is a man.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  19:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman serving drinks. I think the point is that Winthrop is a man.

Indeed...there's "casting" for Winthrop, so he should be a man...

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."

Edited by - Ranaghar Tsaran on 17 Feb 2003 19:02:17
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  19:04:21  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weird. The creator of the Winthrop account has suddenly changed the gender to male. Probably because of this discussion.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  20:42:02  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

Weird. The creator of the Winthrop account has suddenly changed the gender to male. Probably because of this discussion.

Somebody decided to register a "Winthrop" account with an invalid email address, upon reading this topic we since removed the account and reregistered it (with the correct gender for a start ), it will be updated from this point by the member to which it has been assigned.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  22:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, webmasters to the rescue! But now, who shall assume the role of the 'keeper? Any volunteers? Anyone?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  09:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm
Ah, webmasters to the rescue! But now, who shall assume the role of the 'keeper? Any volunteers? Anyone?

Winthrop has stepped forward... the Inn will be opening shortly.....raise your flagons ready to be filled

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  09:15:05  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm late again! But not tolate for beer!
(If only I drank)

Normal is what we choose it to be.
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  13:33:06  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like this human beer...
Does anybody have ulver? You know...drowish wine. It is delicious

I hope Winthrop will have it...or I won't visit he's inn, so often

Edited by - Ranaghar Tsaran on 18 Feb 2003 13:36:10
Go to Top of Page

Elminster
Acolyte

South Africa
9 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  13:59:01  Show Profile  Visit Elminster's Homepage Send Elminster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye indeed!

One would hope that the inn will house the finest of Shadowdale's vintages.

If not we hope it will happen soon before Simbul gets word it's not there and the Queen cooks up a storm

Enter no conflict against no fanatics unless you can defuse them. Oppose a religion with another religion only if your proofs (miracles) are irrefutable or if you can mesh in a way that the fanatics accept you as God-inspired. This has long been the barrier to science assuming a mantle of divine revelation. Science is so obviously man-made. Fanatics (and many are fanatic about one thing or another) must know where you stand, but more importantly, must recognise who whispers in your ear.
*Missionera Protectiva - Primray Teaching
Go to Top of Page

jason12345
Acolyte

Afghanistan
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  17:39:08  Show Profile  Visit jason12345's Homepage Send jason12345 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! One person makes a Winthrop account with female specified and it started a whole page of discussions. I find this very amusing! I hope whoever actually got the role of Winthrop is more serious then the person who made the female account.

"Beans are neither fruit nor musical"

-Bart Simpson
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2003 :  20:26:20  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranaghar Tsaran

I don't like this human beer...
Does anybody have ulver? You know...drowish wine. It is delicious

I hope Winthrop will have it...or I won't visit he's inn, so often

Ulver? I have never heard of that. How do they make it? Ulver is Norwegian for wolves.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  04:40:05  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ulver? I have never heard of that. How do they make it? Ulver is Norwegian for wolves.

I find that amusing. "I would like a pint of wolves"
P.S. How do you quote people because I've been trying and it is not working?

Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  04:42:18  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and a nother thing, how do you make the "click-links"

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  07:28:16  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sushisauce
P.S. How do you quote people because I've been trying and it is not working?

You hit the button that says: "reply with quote"

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  07:33:03  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sushisauce

Oh, and a nother thing, how do you make the "click-links"

You take the url (such as http://www.candlekeep.com) and add a {url} at the beginning and a {/url} (remember to use square brackets) at the end, like this http://www.candlekeep.com. Alternatively, you can do it like this {url="http://www.candlekeep.com"}Candlekeep{/url}, replacing the URL with a text.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  07:44:26  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, if you just click up at the top of the page, on "FAQ," you get all of the answers you need. It's how I learned the "click-links." (PS - they're called hyperlinks!)

Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  17:08:59  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a little mistake...I've meant Ulaver.Luminous, sweet, green drowish wine, very potent, very tasty. In Menzoberranzan made in "Ulaver's Wine Goblet"(Winery and Wine Merchant).
You know what? I never was interested what is it made from...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  03:54:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranaghar Tsaran

You know what? I never was interested what is it made from...

Perhaps you don't want to know?

Go to Top of Page

DragonofJustice
Acolyte

46 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  06:44:19  Show Profile  Visit DragonofJustice's Homepage Send DragonofJustice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could be wrong, it happens every so often, but it seems to me Drow green wine is made of a fungal growth in the Underdark. At least I think I read that someplace.

Fungal growth. And you thought athlete's foot had no redeemable value.
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2003 :  19:24:33  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may be...They smell similar...
And Bookwyrm. In Underdark my servants just were giving it to me, I drank it and I wasn't interested what was it made from...that's all. I thought it wasn't very important...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000