Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 New!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  02:43:06  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just heard of this place from Kuje31, and it sounded like a great place[:D. So um...hi!

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  02:55:07  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there and welcome.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  03:01:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh that Kuje... Bringing in all these new scribes. He's such a character .

Anyways... Greetings to you Milith, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Here you will find many curious questions pertaining to the Realmslore. You will also discover many fantastic answers -- some of which have even been provided by the Great Sages themselves.

So please, take a look around. If you feel the need to ask a question, simply find the appropriately place in the library and open a scroll. One of our many knowledgeable scribes will be happy to assist you in learning more about the Realms.

See you in the library .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  03:03:48  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oh that Kuje... Bringing in all these new scribes. He's such a character .

Muh haha! You know I love bringing new scribes to these halls.

Well met Milith.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  03:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks and wow, I like your avataar Kuje.

I had always suspected a place like this existed, but I could never find it. Reminds me of BG2 (great game).

Edited by - Milith holder of HB8 on 25 Dec 2005 03:57:25
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  03:59:11  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met and welcome to Candlekeep

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  04:03:41  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, good to be here. I love these avataars. Took me like ten minutes to decide which one to pick.

Edited by - Milith holder of HB8 on 25 Dec 2005 04:06:13
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  06:50:00  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Welcome!

And - remember - the use of an avatar is optional! :)

I personally did not see one I liked right off. From what I hear too - Kuje himself started quite a stir when he recently chose one after apparently going without for a long time! :)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  06:58:34  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

I personally did not see one I liked right off. From what I hear too - Kuje himself started quite a stir when he recently chose one after apparently going without for a long time! :)

Dhomal

That I did. I held off for almost 2 years. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  09:42:18  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and welcome to Candlekeep, may your robes not itch too much.

Feel free to click the link in my signature to see where some of us other scribes live, and perhaps even join in.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  16:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll do that.
And kaje, you went two years without a Avataar? wow, I must say you chose a good one, it suits you much better than the one at the wizards message bords.

oh,that reminds me, did Ed ever hear how things went for Alurvelve from the Courting The Shrinshee thread?

Edited by - Milith holder of HB8 on 25 Dec 2005 16:46:12
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  17:11:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Milith holder of HB8

I'll do that.
And kaje, you went two years without a Avataar? wow, I must say you chose a good one, it suits you much better than the one at the wizards message bords.

oh,that reminds me, did Ed ever hear how things went for Alurvelve from the Courting The Shrinshee thread?

Well I like my harper symbol on wotc. :)

Er, I don't think I ever updated him on that, no. :( Kinda slipped my mind.

Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  17:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its not bad, just this one suits you better.
That plus me and harpers havn't mixed as well since I met Jaheira (what a nag she was!).

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  04:00:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, yet another person who followed Kuje over here... He's almost like a guide to these halls!

Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  04:04:23  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Edited by - Milith holder of HB8 on 26 Dec 2005 05:25:15
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  10:40:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Milith holder of HB8 and welcome to Candlekeep.

Apologies for the lateness of my greeting, someone had locked me in my study and barred the door with bottles of sherry

I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein, there is much knowlege and Realmslore within these halls to keep ye occupied for many a tenday

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  15:16:28  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met, Milith holder of HB8 and welcome to Candlekeep.

Apologies for the lateness of my greeting, someone had locked me in my study and barred the door with bottles of sherry

I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein, there is much knowlege and Realmslore within these halls to keep ye occupied for many a tenday

I know what thats like!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000