Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scarroth
Acolyte

Germany
14 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  12:50:41  Show Profile  Visit Scarroth's Homepage Send Scarroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My Greetings,

I'm new in the Candlekeep Inn and just want to introduce my self. My name is Dustin and I am a Forgotten Realms fanatic from Germany. I first came into contact with this awesome campaign setting five years ago when I played all of the great Nearl-Infinity games by Black Isle and Bioware, such as Baldur's Gate, Planescape and Icewind Dale.
Only two years later I started to play D&D pen 'n paer with my brother and some friends. Of course all of our adventures took place in the fantastic world of Elminster and Drizzt, Cormyr and Shadowdale.
I also read a lot of the exciting FR novels by R.A. Salvator and Ed Greenwood. My absolutly faves are Awlinson's "Avatar Series".

Another hobby of mine is to compose symphonic music and make own movies, so I've connected my love to Faerūn with my music and film passion and created the small programmic symphony "A Hymn to Waterdeep" and the fantasy-action adventure "The Dagger of Deliverance".
I hope you'll them. ;-)

Best Regards from Cologne

Dustin

A Hymn to Waterdeep

=> http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/milil/waterdeep.htm

The Dagger of Deliverance

=> Official front Cover
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/35806102093.jpg&s=x12

=> Official back cover
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/35806150581.jpg&s=x12

=> Official Trailer
http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/tdod.htm

Mod Edit: Since Alaundo doesn't allow thumbnail images to be uploaded to posts here at Candlekeep... I've removed the [img] reference tags.

Never trust a Dungeon Master. Particularly when he has a big smile...

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Dec 2005 15:15:20

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  15:07:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Scarroth.

Symphonic music you say... ah, as I classical musician myself, I would like to give you an extra welcome here to these halls. Although I've done little in the way of actual composing, I am currently working on a solo of my own so I can definitely appreciate the trials that come with such efforts.

Anyways, here at Candlekeep you will find many curious questions pertaining to the Realmslore. You will also discover many fantastic answers -- some of which have even been provided by the Great Sages themselves.

So please, take a look around. If you feel the need to ask a question, simply find the appropriately place in the library and open a scroll. One of our many knowledgeable scribes will be happy to assist you in learning more about the Realms.

See you in the library .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  15:08:34  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and Welcome
~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  16:48:14  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and hello Scarroth, may your visits to Candlekeep be fruitful and many.

Oh, and we need more Europeans on the Candlekeep Frappr-map, so click the link in my signature and join

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  17:09:42  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I greet you.
I hear Germany is a nice place to live. Is is true?

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.
Go to Top of Page

Scarroth
Acolyte

Germany
14 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  21:42:31  Show Profile  Visit Scarroth's Homepage Send Scarroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there,

thx for the nice welcome. I'm sure I'll enjoy all the interesting stuff written here on Candlekeep.

Greez

Dustin

@ Kajehase:
Sure, I already have registrated on frappr. Very useful site by the way. ;-) Thanks for the link.

@Milith holder:
Yes, Germany is a nice place to live in. But in my opinion there a little bit too much industry in the region I'm living. But landscapes like the "Eifel" or "Sauerland", which are both not to far from my home, are quite beautiful - espeacially if ye want to make yer own fantasy movies! ^^

Never trust a Dungeon Master. Particularly when he has a big smile...
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  03:53:28  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice!

Sorry about your current location though, I remeber when I used to live in a town house not too far from train tracks. Ever three hours a train would go by, you could set your watch to it. Once again welcome to Candlekeep. (I'm new myself!)

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  04:01:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  10:42:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Scarroth and welcome to Candlekeep.

Glad ye finally found thy way to the library and I look forward to seeing thee around the halls and chambers

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly