Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Seasons Greetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  11:45:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

...and Seasons Greetings to everyone here at Candlekeep I hope, whatever thy beliefs, that ye enjoy the festive season and have much merriment!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who visits Candlekeep for the continued growth in the library and participation in discussions of Realmslore.

Special thanks also go out to my fellow moderators and to the extremely hard working staff who work with me on the Candlekeep Compendium.

Also, on behalf of all here at Candlekeep, I would like to give best wishes and deepest thanks to all the Forgotten Realms authors and game designers and to the Hooded One, who have graced us with their presence, who have been kind enough to share their thoughts and news with us, and answer the many questions from their fans. It is indeed a great honor to have ye all with us.

Seasons Greetings to all

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  12:49:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to echo Big Al's fine sentiments and also add a few of my own... .

To all of my fellow scribes here at Candlekeep, I wish you all the very best for the holiday season and beyond! And to Ed and THO especially, firstly Ed... thank you once again for another great year of wondrous Realmslore, and THO... for providing us all with keen insights into the working mind of the Old Bearded One .

To Big Al... for the grand responsibility you have bestowed upon myself, Kuje and Wooly. To have such an opportunity -- in being able to work more closely with all the Candlekeep staff -- is something I'll cherish for a long time to come. It's such a special way for me to be able to express my love and devotion for the Realms and for all of my friends here.

And I think I'll stop now before I start getting all teary-eyed... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  12:59:53  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, season's greetings to all. And have a wonderful time.

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  14:15:46  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't mind all too much we'll just parrot some of what The Sage said We're not really one for words when it comes to such things without loose ends to exploit or having the ability to get strange takes on it. So...

To all scribes at Candlekeep, both residential and Transient, we wish you the very best of the Silly Season

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  15:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Holidays to one and all. Thank you to all the scribes here for your insight and devotion to the Realms. I think that this is one of the friendliest communities that I have been a part of in many years, and everyones love of the Realms is evident in all the posts.

Brightest Blessings this season.
~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  16:27:51  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup yup, happy holidays, seasons greetings and all that to all my fellow scribes here at the keep

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2005 :  17:35:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll echo the Sage, as well.

Oh, and hey -- Big Al, changing my title to "Master of Mischief" would be a great present for Christmas! My birthday is coming up a couple of weeks after that, too, so that's two occasions!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  12:34:02  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas everyone!! Have a great holiday and here's to the Realms in 2006!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  14:08:02  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to all!!!
Monday IŽll be here again, but first I want to say that this year was very special for me. And one of the things that I consider as a great jewel in my life was "discover" the Candlekeep, and came to these halls.

Thank you, Alaundo, and thank you, fellow scribes! For the good lore and the good moments.

THIS is one of my best Christmas gifts!!!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  18:20:22  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Monday IŽll be here again, but first I want to say that this year was very special for me. And one of the things that I consider as a great jewel in my life was "discover" the Candlekeep, and came to these halls.

Thank you, Alaundo, and thank you, fellow scribes! For the good lore and the good moments.

THIS is one of my best Christmas gifts!!!

Well met

I'm certainly glad ye enjoy thy time here, Chosen of Moradin Thank ye for the kind words, and have a very Merry Christmas.

Good tidings to ye all

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  07:57:48  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy celebrations to all scribes here, and I hope next year these forums will be fuller of knowledge (if able) that this one!

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  12:36:33  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Holidays to all! May peace and joy resound throughout Faerun, and may all of you have a wonderful time.

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  14:09:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to one and all!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  15:05:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear Father Christmas is now only an hour away for those of us in Australia folks.

Merry Christmas to you all .

Go to Top of Page

Just
Acolyte

Portugal
32 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  16:19:24  Show Profile  Visit Just's Homepage Send Just a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just want to say I'm new here at the Boards, but have been a FR fan and player for 14 years now. I'm hoping I can find here information that will help me run my campaign Cormyr: Heralds of a new Age. I must apologize because Iknow that many questions about cormyr have been asked already, but I was hoping to get help with some particular info that I haven't been able to find.
Anyway enough talk of this I'll find the appropriatte thread!
I just wanted to wish an excellent weekend and a good christmas to you all!

Dragomir the *Wild* Wildmage

Brainstorming Paladin under the shadow of a rock shaped Abyss General
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  19:09:13  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night . . . if its nighttime where you are that is . . . its not here yet, but I thought I'd cover all the bases . . .
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2005 :  04:21:25  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  17:27:27  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Tis the season to be jolly...
Hope everyone is having a good holiday season.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  17:53:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

I was, but now I'm back at work.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  23:28:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

I was, but now I'm back at work.

Not me .

Although I didn't get to leave for my holiday as I'd initially planned last Saturday, I did manage to get an extra week of a break from work for the holiday period... .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000