Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Time and Other Dormant or missing Portfolios!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2006 :  17:46:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I figured but I reference the trilogy more then that sourcebook since the trilogy is better. :)

'Tis very, very true. I consider F&P to be a pale shadow of the trilogy of god books.

As I've pointed out before, another uncovered portfolio is mischief.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  04:54:43  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Were the stars portals to the plane of Radience? Or were they holes in the sphere wall? Sigh. It's been too long since I've read Spelljammer. I know the stars were tied into it somehow.

And Erevan Illesere is the elven god of mischief (the only one I can find in Demihuman Deities; oddly enough, the halflings don't have a god of mischief). This doesn't help with the human pantheon, though.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  05:09:44  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Were the stars portals to the plane of Radience? Or were they holes in the sphere wall? Sigh. It's been too long since I've read Spelljammer. I know the stars were tied into it somehow.

And Erevan Illesere is the elven god of mischief (the only one I can find in Demihuman Deities; oddly enough, the halflings don't have a god of mischief). This doesn't help with the human pantheon, though.

FRCS page 238, shows the elven god Erevan Ilesere as having chaos, elf, luck, and trickery. could the change between editions have changed mischief to trickery?? All of the races pantheons within the FRCS, describes show one of their respective god's as having this portfolio, for humans it is Cyric.

Edited by - scererar on 20 Mar 2006 05:11:24
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  05:29:01  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

FRCS page 238, shows the elven god Erevan Ilesere as having chaos, elf, luck, and trickery. could the change between editions have changed mischief to trickery?? All of the races pantheons within the FRCS, describes show one of their respective god's as having this portfolio, for humans it is Cyric.

Those are his domains. :) Page 239 shows his actual portfolios.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  05:32:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, they were portals that connected to the Plane of Radiance but they are also writings on the crystal shell/sphere.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  05:38:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yes, they were portals that connected to the Plane of Radiance but they are also writings on the crystal shell/sphere.

The "stars" in both Realmspace and Krynnspace were portals to the Plane of Radiance.

Whereas in Greyspace... the stars were embedded jewels in the crystal sphere.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 20 Mar 2006 05:40:48
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  05:41:38  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well that just shot my whole 2E, 3E theory didn't it Scererar runs off to read his FRCS again
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  05:54:55  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Well that just shot my whole 2E, 3E theory didn't it Scererar runs off to read his FRCS again

:) For some reason, a lot of people get those two things confused and I'm not sure why, exactly.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000