Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anadia Halflings
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  22:21:31  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, I hope this is the right section to put this in:

I am wondering if anyone remembers much of SJR2, more specifically Southern Polarate Halflings. This question will seem abit, ehm how should I put this, whimsical pedantic stupid but *shrugs*

In Scenario 1 (pp64 of Realmspace- the hook about the hillsfar halfling travelling to Anadia and being attacked by the Clamming Clan) would all the halflings on the attacking tradesman be from the same family, and have the same name, or would they be from several smaller families?

As I said a silly question really

Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  22:42:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering how aggressive the southern halflings are towards each other, I'd assume that any ship captured by them would be crewed by one family, and one family only.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  00:33:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering how spelljammers are viewed in the Southern Polarate and the fact that entire region on Anadia is always in a constant state of war between families trying to gain the upper hand -- I would also say that any SJ-capable vessels seized by a family would be operated by that family only.

Having more than one family have access to the vessel would likely only result in further feuding relating to who actually controls it. Feuding enough probably... to keep the ship grounded indefinitely... and possibly damaged as a result from the infighting.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000