Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Quilue
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  14:02:55  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone get to encounter or use this Chosen of Mystra in their games?

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  15:40:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No,

But I've used her daughter before I found out what happened to her in Elaine's novels. :) So, another event I had to ignore. But her daughter runs a temple to Eilistraee and Eilistraee's daughter (the 2nd is a deity I created) on the surface in a city that was founded by adventurers in the Savage Frontier. It's the only one of the two places on the surface that drow are allowed to walk openly in my FR.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 20 Apr 2006 16:41:30
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  16:16:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't actually utilise any of Mystra's Chosen in my campaigns... that is, aside from brief occasions when they may feature as useful campaign guidepoints or as informative NPCs to help the PCs along their way (and even that is rare -- to date, only Khelben and Storm have been utilised in this capacity and each only once). But none of them have ever had an active role in any of my campaigns. They are subtle characters... background elements that help to support my setting rather than take an active role in my campaign's events

Having said that though... I've considered using the Promenade of the Dark Maiden itself as a basis for a Skullport-oriented campaign of Eilistraee drow who are fighting a secret war against vile worshippers of Ghaunadaur. The restrictions on religious conflict in Skullport-proper however, are hampering my plans somewhat. I haven't yet considered what role, if any, Qilué will play.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  16:16:46  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a campaign a while back she had us go find some sword in a crypt or something. Plus she saved us I think a couple of times (including from a Beast of Malar)
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  16:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I flick in cameo appearances of various Chosen of Mystra, including Quilué... hehe it was quite funny to see how the Elistraee cleric of the group fell to her knees, thinking it was her goddess...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  16:57:57  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

I flick in cameo appearances of various Chosen of Mystra, including Quilué... hehe it was quite funny to see how the Elistraee cleric of the group fell to her knees, thinking it was her goddess...

Hmm I would think it rather hard to confuse Quilué eith a naked, 9 foot tall Drow., but hey that is just me. *wink* Eilistraee would more likely use her avatar after all.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  17:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to avoid using characters from novels or any other iconic characters in my campaigns. The only one that I have used so far was Scyllua Darkhope in my Zhentarim campaign.

It was a very big deal for the PC's to have a meeting with the Castellan of Zhentil Keep.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000