Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Need info for Campaign
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thorin Stoutdrinker
Acolyte

Iceland
16 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  12:24:43  Show Profile  Visit Thorin Stoutdrinker's Homepage Send Thorin Stoutdrinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
OK I have lot of questions wich I need answered for a campaign i'm prepering and I wasn't sure where to post them, guess this place is as good as any.

I decided to make a campaing based on the resurrection of Moander the Darkbringer and when I started to find some info I found out that it had already been done, TWICE!!!

Well whatever, I decided to do it anyway's cause my players haven't read the Finder's Stone trilogy and maybe it would cover a good background for my campaing. Any information about the characters surrounding Moander or his previous resurrection would be preciated. In particular:

1) Where is the Finder Stone located now and does anyone have stats for it or is willing to make up stats for my campaign. Everything about this artifact is well preciated as I don't know nothing about it.

2) Any stats for Saurials in 3rd edition available? Would like some information about them as the will probably be helping the heroes later in the campaign

3) Information about Breck Orcsbane cause I was thinking about using him as there Harper's link.

4) Whereabouts of the main characters, what they are doing and such. Alias as daugther of Finder Wyvernspur will probably stick her nose into this filthy business.

5)Information about Moander and his cult, reasons for Lolth to help in resurrecting him and such. Who are the deity frends of Moander and who are his most hated enemies. HIs body is still located in the Dalelands? Right.

6)Information about Alias's clone sisters, where are they and what are they doing.

7) Any other information that you can think of, like who might interfere in this business and such.

It would be really helpful if you can post anything

Ps. I've already checked Lords of Darkness and didn't find any info on Cult of Moander there, also how would one resurrect a dead god, where is his dead soul located (in what outer plane?) and what is the source of his power (an essence, does FInder have it) ?

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  21:31:38  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chronic Alcoholic:

>how would one resurrect a dead god, where is his dead soul located
>(in what outer plane?) and what is the source of his power

Well, in the Baldur's Gate games, Bhaal spread his essence among 1000s and 1000s or mortal progeny, hoping (I guess) that his essence would coalesce into the body of the last one standing ("There can be only one!"). I don't know this for sure, and I don't believe the games are canonical anyway.

Bane was reborn through the body of his son (I think), whose name I don't want to bother trying to spell.

If you can't find any definitive sources, you'll have to make it up. It's your game. You can decide where dead gods store their souls and how they come back to life. An easy (if excedingly trite) way is to have it that the soul fled to some artifact that the god prepared eons ago in anticipation of his death, and when some hapless shmoe touches it, the god's essence enters him (or her) and thus, a god is reborn.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  21:43:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I asked for details. You gave 'em.

Okay. I don't have all the information, but I can start out.

First, the Finder Stone was split in half. Finder himself now has one half. I think the other is still in the Saurials' valley.

Alias is a wanderer. She could turn up anywhere in that area, or even out to Waterdeep or Calimshan.

Lloth likes destruction. She also doesn't do anything unless it aids her. I think the best idea is that she wants a distraction.

Obviously, Alias and Finder are two "hated enemies."

There were twelve clones, I believe. The only ones I know of were the warrior (Alias), the thief (dead ), the mage (Cat, married to a Wyvernspur now), and the one from the south. I forget who or what she was. As for the rest: make 'em up. You still have cleric, bard, ranger, and sorcerer, out of the main seven classes (I don't think druid could count, they were made for an evil purpose). You also have stuff like assassin and such.

And a dead god, unless he's done something special (like what Bane did) would be dormant, his/her essence residing on the Astral Plane.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't have the time to look up specifics, so if I got anything wrong, feel free to tell him the right one, and also to fill in the gaps.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  21:45:09  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang, he beat me to it. I got to learn to type faster!

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Thorin Stoutdrinker
Acolyte

Iceland
16 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  12:47:08  Show Profile  Visit Thorin Stoutdrinker's Homepage Send Thorin Stoutdrinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies. they help alot.

I already have a nice idea about have it all should happen but I have a big problem and that is to be a perfectionist (how do you write that??) so I wanted to be sure I would nto disrupt the official idea of it all. Also I wasn't sure if Finder had Moanders essence but as I read about it it doesn't seem so.

So my idea was to have a ritual to gather energy from places where Moander left his corrupted taint in the weave. Places like Hill of Fangs, Moander's temple ruins (beneath Yulash), the Lost Vale and Moander's body. That energy would open a portal to where Moander's essence is kept and energize it to revive him.
Does this sound corny or does it seem ok?

Also about Finder's Stone, I thought it was an artifact of Finder, but it seems it's used to find something. So maybe it's just named after that, or is it?

Does any book how the 3E stats for Bit 'o Moanders wich appear in some computer game or do they not exist anymore?

Again guys, you have been really helpful and i'll bet I have a ton more of questions for you too answer
Go to Top of Page

AulayanDuerf
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2003 :  00:26:29  Show Profile  Visit AulayanDuerf's Homepage Send AulayanDuerf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
3rd edition stats for Saurials (as a PC Race) is in Dragon #292.
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  00:53:18  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Dang, he beat me to it. I got to learn to type faster!

I'm posting this just to say this is my 100th post.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  06:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that doesn't sound corny. But is it a simultanious ritual, or would it be a small group going around collecting dark energy? The latter would be better, I think, because then you can have rumors of mysterious people moving from place to place, and the characters have to figure out what they're doing.

As for the artifact, it was created by Finder, before he was a god. That's the real reason it's called that. It's really Finder's Stone, not just the Finder Stone. It used to do much more than just find things, but when Finder split it open to get the shard of para-elemental ice, its special, you-can-only-use-them-if-you-know-how powers were gone. As I recall, Finder wasn't happy to destroy one of his greatest creations, but his sense of duty overode that -- for once.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000