Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Sages of the Realms are you out there?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  23:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,
I was wondering if any one has any information on Nashkel that they could share with me, cannon or not,- However, I don't really need any information on Nashkel derived from the BG game. Sage if your out there, I'd appreiciate it if you could send me some info .
Hanx
Elrond

Edited by - Alaundo on 24 Jan 2004 10:04:03

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  01:59:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...How could I refuse a request like this...

Anyway, building upon what you already know of the city of Nashkel -

- It is the northern most town of Amn, resting just outside the northern border of Amn.
- It sits on a profitable route of the Trade Way, on the north side of the Cloud Peaks.
- Nashkel is an important stopping place for southbound traders and caravans.
- It is well known for it's particularly informative information guides, well-stocked equipment stores, and provides everything travelers need to safely cross the Cloud Peaks.
- The people of Nashkel make a tidy profit from the hunting and trapping of the local wildlife surrounding the city, making both meat and furs from the 'outings'.
- Although there is not much call for these furs from Nashkel (mainly due to the climate of the region), Amn traders can see the beauty and valuable of such items.
- Due to the city's height above sea level, the city itself is exposed to the elements. For this reason it is commonly called Cold City, or the Windy City.
- Cloud Peak Outfitters, is a worthy place of note inside the city. It is responsible for equipping those travelers heading into the Peaks, as mentioned above.
- The Icedawn's House, is the local shrine dedicated to Auril, and is a small cabin which sits up the slopes just above the city.
- The Northern Light, is the local tavern/inn. It is a magically lit tavern/lantern lit inn.

I hope that helps...

Note: (This information is summarised from the 2e FR tomes Empires of the Sands, and Lands of Intrigue.)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  16:37:27  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank Thee Graciously for thy help sage!

But... Nashkel is a city!?!?!! I've been under the impresion that its a small village! AHH I've been caught up in the illusions presented in Baldurs Gate , ach *prints out information* This will be useful though no doubt the players will want to travel to Nashkel!
Sage is there a small village around that area, that i could use in my grand schemes, other than Corm Orp- my players are still getting over Staumperhaulen (SP) in the Secret of spiderhaunt module! Excellent adventure.
Thanks Sage
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  05:20:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the tomes I mentioned above says something about a number of smaller villages and hamlets laying around the outskirts of this region of Amn's border, although nothing specific is detailed. I suppose you could just write something up on your own, and use that in your 'grand schemes'......

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  19:40:37  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats good to know- about the book, plus it means that I have an almost unlimited creativity when designing a small village/hamlet. I'll post what i get done sometime next week and allow you to appraise it if thats ok sage?
Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2004 :  01:11:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go right ahead Elrond...

I'll appraise anything that advances the cause of worthy Realmslore.... Plus, it's always refreshing to read something new and homebrewed when dealing with the Realms, there's just so much you can use...

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Jan 2004 01:13:01
Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  19:26:47  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am in the process of writing the third part of an adventure that partially takes place within Nashkel though I must confess that I borrowed some of the town's aspects from BG1 (mostly town layout and some of the place names like the Temple of Helm)...If you are interested, the first part of this adventure is entitled "A Winter Storm in Amn" and is available at the following link:

http://www.rpgarchive.com/index.php?page=adv1&advid=582

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  13:58:44  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, thats me just started on this project. . I've not had alot of time recently, you undestand.

I've decided to go for one of the villages to the south of Nashkel, below the Cloud Peak mountains. A small fishing Village situated on the shores Lake Neme.

I wash thinking a small village of around 200 residents, this would be a good number of residents to start off with, and if need be I can reduce this. I had thought of using one of the already existing undetailed villages and expanding on it. The name of it eludes me at the moment- I am away from my books.

But first anway way i have a couple of questions to ask. Roughly how many houses do you think that a village of 200 would be made up of? In addition to this What mineral weath do the cload peaks hold? Again I don't have access to my FRCS trade map!

I forgot to say, while i only had a quick look at your module, Maecenus of Westgate, It looks of a high standard.

Hanx
Elrond

Edited by - Elrond Half Elven on 01 Feb 2004 14:00:42
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  14:53:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is interesting Elrond.

I'd like to help you out with some of the data you have just asked for, but unfortunately I am at my 'lady friend's' house at the moment, and therefore do not have access to any of my books (aside from Extinction which I just can't seem to put down). I'll try and post some info tomorrow...

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  15:36:01  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank Thee Sage, any help would be appreiciated. I already have several ideas building up in my head. I'm going to put pen to paper very soon and see what we get. More than that I'm looking foward to creating a map of the village and also building a model of it using Fold-up models!

I even have a few adventure ideas, but we'll see how far I get first.

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  18:43:58  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having done much research into this area myself for my own campaign, I can honestly say that there was not very much specific info out there on the northern Amn region. Though, the Lands of Intrigue tome was quite useful as well as this website:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/athkatla.html

One thing I found quite interesting was that the area in question, primarily around the Green Fields area, was once long ago a lush elven woodland kingdom known as Shantel Othreier but was destroyed by dragons. Do you plan on using Durlag's Tower in your adventure also?
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  19:51:41  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maecenus of Westgate, Thank thee for pointing me to those tomes! As for Durlag's Tower, which DM wouldn't want to send their Players into a tower infested with traps, creatures and other assorted nastys! I may well incorperate it into my campaign, but it won't be for a while. If I did, however I would want to design it my self, not using the Biowear version . Doing that would be no fun, no fun at all!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2004 :  19:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, I was wondering if I could ‘borrow’ your appraising abilities for a moment? All I need is some of your hair; some blood and we will brew a nice wee potion! What was that sorry? You told me to shove off?! How rude...

Sage I have writing a 1st level D&D adventure set around the small village that I'm creating, I was wondering if I could email the file to you (Its not big, about 700kb) and if you could read over it and tell me what you think. If you could that would be great. See the adventure is meant to introduce four members of my group into D&D, its written using the 3E rules and since I haven’t yet played 3E I was hoping that you could just check everything is fine!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2004 :  20:59:11  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To show I have been working on this project I'll post a little taster! These are two important characters in the village. The pair of them needs a little more fleshed out but it is a good beginning. Please leave feedback!

Mayor Jared Thone of Cloudvale.
Jared originally came to Cloudvale when he was 23 he is now 48. Originally he came from Sembia, he quickly become bored of the petty squabbles of the politicians and left to see a bit of the world. He found the world to be a dangerous place and after 6 years travelling it he decided to settle down. Jared was well received by the locals, and using money that he had collected during his travels he build an inn.

Eventually people came to Jared and suggested that he should put himself forward at the local election to become Mayor. Jared was sceptical of the idea at first but after some cohesion he complied- and he has been mayor since that day! For the last 14 years Jared has been mayor of Cloudvale. He has stuck by the town no matter what has happened, and has been well received by all of the residents of Cloudvale.

Jared is a kind, considerate, shrewd, and optimistic man in his late 40s, who always sees the best side of people. The ages have been kind to him however, he still retains most of his Height and Constitution that he did when younger (He stands at 6’2”). When anyone has a problem they come to Jared. However at the same time, if anyone gives Jared or the Village trouble, Jared will deal with him or her accordingly. If met with force Jared wont shy away, he always keeps a club and loaded heavy crossbow under the bar.

Jared is a Bear of a man, at 6foot 2-inches he is an imposing figure, he has strawberry blond hair, and is tanned through the years of travel.

Jared Thone: Male Human Exp6; Medium Humanoid; HD 6d6+18 (Expert); hp 33; Init -1; Spd 30; AC 9; Atk +5 base melee, +3 base ranged; AL NG; SV Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +10; STR 13, DEX 8, CON 16, INT 14, WIS 16, CHA 17.
Skills & Feats: Appraise+13, Diplomacy+12, Gather Information+10, Innuendo+7, Intimidate+12, Knowledge (Law)+3, Knowledge (Local)+4, Knowledge (Mathematics)+4, Knowledge (Politics)+4, Listen+12, Profession (Innkeeper)+12, Spot+12. Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Leadership, Mercantile Background.

The Council of Eight
The Council of Eight is a fancy name for the village council. The council does have eight members, and their job is to advise the Mayor in his decisions. There are eight positions in the council, however none of the titles hold any additional power.

The Sheriff- Fenndarr Melber
The Sheriff is the Captain of the guards, in addition to this he is also in charge of the militia members. The sheriff holds the position of the law and presents the law to the Mayor on any decision to be made. The Current Sheriff is Fenndarr Melber.

At one Fenndarr Melber was a mounted warrior in an Amnish army, after a successful campaign he was paid off and sent packing. Fenndarr still had the taste for battle in his stomach and would have, at that point, rode off to become an adventurer. However he had a dream in which a vision of his god- Helm told him to search for the needy. For where the needy are corruption and tyranny are near. Fenndarr eventually came across Cloudvale. At this point in Cloudvale’s history (Five years before the present day) the previous Sheriff has been killed. Fenndarr say this as a sign from Helm and joined the village guards eventually, two years later, becoming the sheriff.

Fenndarr is a totally dedicated to Helm. He always sticks to the exact letter of the law and enforces the same on others. Fenndarr is fair but judgemental. He is totally committed to his job, ever ten-day he gathers and trains the militia. The people of Cloudvale may moan about Fenndarr fanatism, however the town is a lot safer with it. Jared realises this and defends his choice Fenndarr as Sheriff.

Fenndarr Melber: Male Human Ftr3; Medium Humanoid; HD 3d10+6 (Fighter); hp 27; Init +1; Spd 20; AC 17; Atk +5 base melee, +4 base ranged; +7 (1d8+2, Sabre, Masterwork); AL LN; SV Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +2; STR 15, DEX 13, CON 14, INT 10, WIS 12, CHA 8.
Skills & Feats: Handle Animal+5, Ride+10, Swim+8. Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Saddleback, Trample, Weapon Focus: Sabre.
Possessions: Masterwork Sabre, Masterwork Half-plate; Masterwork Banded mail, Barding; Heavy Warhorse; military Saddle; Bit and bridle.

Oh yeah just before I forget, I'm looking for a name for Fenndarr's warhorse!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  09:12:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elrond, I would be honoured to assist you on this project. Feel free to send along what you have, and I'll respond with suggestions (if I feel you need them) as soon as possible.

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  11:41:14  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Thee, Sage! I attempted to E-mail you a copy of the items however your Inbox was full! Alais! If you respond to me when you Bag of Holding isn't quite to full I shall inturn attempt to send the scrolls to you!

Keep your Eye on this scroll over the next few days, for I will be adding yet more titbits!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  12:41:26  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok here is another little bit. This is getting posted earlier that I though it would have but, hey I don't Hear anyone complaining!

Here are another four characters that I have created. All residents of Cloudvale. Two are members of the council of eight and the other two are general characters that inhabit Cloudvale.

The Voice of the Fishermen- Clem Burrstar

The fishermen elect the voice of the fishermen from their own group. The voice for the past 25 years has been Clem Burrstar.

Clem Burrstar has been the voice of the Fishermen for longer than anyone can remember; he is a natural born cynic. Clem is Cloudvale stock, born bred and will almost certainly die in Cloudvale so his view on the outside world is slightly blurred built up on what he has heard or the extremely limited tour he’s done of the world (He went all the way around lake Neng once).

Aged 66 Clem no longer fishes, but still takes it upon himself to represent the fishermen, since none of the other fishermen are willing to take the place themselves (And also they would have to face Clem’s nagging wrath) they let Clem have it. Clem is ill tempered, a skinflint and very pessimistic. Clem hearing has started to go, which doesn’t help his temper. In fact very few people get on well with Clem! A staunch believer in tradition, Clem will oppose any new ideas or ways of doing things either that or limp around town nagging the younger generations.

Clem Burrstar: Male Human Com7; Medium Humanoid; HD 7d4-7 (Commoner); hp 19; Init +0; Spd 30; AC 10; Atk +3 base melee, +3 base ranged; AL N; SV Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3; STR 11, DEX 10, CON 8, INT 11, WIS 12, CHA 8.
Skills & Feats: Craft (Weaving)+4, Profession (Fisher)+13, Swim+8. Endurance, Skill Focus: Craft (Weaving), Skill Focus: Profession (Fisher), Skill Focus: Swim.

The Voice of the Farmers- Alain Lhun

The Farmers elect their voice from representatives that put themselves forward. Ondabar as own of the farm has declined all requests to be placed on the council of eight in stead he nominating farmers who he thinks would do well for the council and the other farmers.

Alain Lhun has been on the council for less than a year. He was given the place by Ondabar, who by rights (Owning most of the farms) should have the place. However Ondabar thought that it was important to put one of the locals in the council, as it was their council. Alain was the perfect choice, young and energetic.

Alain found the council a little scary when he first took his place on it, Clem didn’t help by moaning and picking holes in everything that Alain said. However Elidi Hardroot (The leading cleric of Chauntea) took the young man under her wing and helped make his voice heard. Not many of the other representative have told him yet, but they are all proud of the way the young man has come on, and despite only being 20, he will have a future ahead of him on the council if he wants it.

Being young Alain is slightly foolhardy, but is well liked, he even has a name with the young ladies of the community. He’s a young man with light brown hair, a tanned complexion and a fairly built up physique. Alain likes nothing more than running, and does so as a hobby. He has competed in the games held ever Midsummer and won on several occasions.

Alain Lhun: Male Human Com2; Medium Humanoid; HD 2d4+4 (Commoner); hp 8; Init +1; Spd 30; AC 11; Atk +3 base melee, +2 base ranged; AL NG; SV Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0; STR 14, DEX 13, CON 14, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 16.
Skills & Feats: Handle Animal+8, Profession (Farmer)+7, Profession (Miller)+5.
Run, Skill Focus: Profession (Farmer).

Other Characters

Brin Hammerarm
Brin is the local blacksmith, armourer, metalworker and Weaponsmith! His skill is such that dwarves who pass through the village hold him in high-revere. In fact on several occasions he has create masterwork weapons and armour that where used by wizards for powerful enchantments. Most of the time though Brin creates useful items for the village including nails, buckets, kettles etc. So passing through has commented that Brin’s talents are wasted on such trivial items but Brin has always replied that he would have it no other way.

A black haired, medium height, man with a strong physique and a health appetite for learning. Brin is amazed by many things and enjoys reading and dabbling in the arts of Alchemy. Brin rarely produces anything worth selling but enjoys playing with strange bubbling liquids and small vials.

He is a proud member of the community and a member of the militia. Brin enjoys the regular ten-day training. His services are sought every month when Fenndarr asks him to keep the Militia weapons in good order. Brin does this without complaint. He knows all to well that a broken weapon is next to useless, and if weapons aren’t kept properly they could break at any time. A practical man who enjoys his delves into learning.

Brin Hammerarm: Male Human Exp11; Medium Humanoid; HD 11d6+22 (Expert); hp 64; Init +2; Spd 30; AC 12; Atk +11 base melee, +10 base ranged; AL CG; SV Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7; STR 17, DEX 14, CON 15, INT 16, WIS 11, CHA 10.
Skills & Feats: Alchemy+8, Appraise+12, Craft (Blacksmithing)+17, Craft (Metalworking)+17, Craft (Weaponsmithing)+17, Disable Device+6, Handle Animal+10, Open Lock+7, Profession (Armorsmith)+14, Profession (Blacksmith)+14, Profession (Weaponsmith)+14, Use Magic Device+6. Militia, Skill Focus: Craft (Armorsmithing), Skill Focus: Craft (Blacksmithing), Skill Focus: Craft (Metalworking), Skill Focus: Craft (Weaponsmithing).

Ondabar
Ondabar originally came from Mulhorand but found the strict religious law annoying and oppressive. He realised that there wasn’t much place for him in that society and so took up a job as a Caravan guard. It was through this job that he ended up in Amn. Ondabar made a pretty penny escorting caravans all over Faerun. He really enjoyed his job and loved exploring the world. However after a while he became extremely tired of the open road and so took his small fortune and settled down in a nice quiet backwater village.

Arriving at Cloudvale he noticed that the farms where failing. He has seen such things happen before on his travels, but he had also seen the solution to the problem. Small farms never survived. The food they produced was just enough to feed them never mind the rest of the community. He bought all the farms for a pretty price and offered the farmers the chance to help in the running of his ‘estate farm’. They all agreed and found Ondabar a great partner to work with, all he does is manage the money while the farmers keep the farms.

Ondabar is a man in his late 30s, early 40s. His foreign heritage is easily spotted. Most of the town have come to respect and get along with Ondabar. He is a nice, quite man, who mostly keeps himself to himself and paints. He has brought a family with him and spends a lot of time with them- his wife Lokkara, two sons Masou and Nik. Ondabar has little time for organized religion that, he feels oppresses people and forces them into beliefs they do not agree with. However he respects the local gods in his own way but is never seen anywhere near a local place of worship.

Ondabar: Male Human Ftr5; Medium Humanoid; HD 5d10+10 (Fighter); hp 44; Init +3; Spd 20; AC 18; Atk +7 base melee, +8 base ranged; +9 (2d4+6, +1 Falchion); AL CG; SV Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +5; STR 14, DEX 16, CON 15, INT 14, WIS 15, CHA 16.
Skills & Feats: Climb+7, Craft (Painting)+8, Handle Animal+11, Jump+7, Ride+11. Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Iron Will, Power Attack, Weapon Focus: Falchion, Weapon Specialization: Falchion.
Possessions: +1 Keen Falchion, Masterwork Breastplate, 3 Potions of Cure Light Wounds.

Please, anyone who read this leave feedback! This isn't addressed Solely to THE Sage but the sages of the realms!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  16:51:32  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is great, Elrond! I love it!
Do you have any further information on Cloudvale itself, other than NPC's?

Are there any legends and interesting landmarks or adventure hooks?

Have you started to map the village or environs? Maybe Alaundo would place it in the library for all to see if you have anything

I started to work on a similar project a couple of years back.... but my hard drive crashed and I lost SO much data! I still dont think im over it

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:05:28  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank thee Rad!

Indeed I have other information on the Village itself, however you will need to wait a while for that, as it will need to be compiled. As for the map, its on its way. Quick question though, How many houses, roughly, Would be in a village of 200?? I'd estimate between about 20 and 30, I think that would be a sutiable number. What do all of you think?

Legends and Landmarks are coming soon.

Rad sorry to hear about the death of your project! If you feel like contributing anything to this project it will be helpful! Just an idea though.

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:10:02  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm, maybe a dozen or so more houses.... considering that mediaeval style houses, village dwellings at that, will be quite small and that would mean housing around 6 people.

In addition, dont forget the extra trade buildings, inns, smithys, wrainwrights(sp?) etc.

Yeah i was gutted at the loss of a lot of my work, I guess it really knocked me down and Ive still lost a lot of heart to get engrossed in new projects..... although maybe now is the time to put it all behind me and start again

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  17:16:06  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rad, any help, as I said before would be great!

I already have a lot of plans for 'special' buildings, including warehouses, the Inn, a large Farm Estate, a smithy, and a mill. Theres also more that you will need to wait for!

I am planing on making a model of the village from cardboard cut-outs. But that is going to be the last thing!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  12:23:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that email mishap Elrond, that was entirely not the result I was expecting...

Anyway, I'd still like to help, and now that I've read this 'little' tidbit you've posted (which is great BTW ) I also have a few ideas which I'll send when I return your email.

Send your file to - sageofperth@dragonlance.zzn.com

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  15:25:50  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail Sage, once again email did not work. However I have some webspace that I have uploaded the file: Link closed

This is just an adventure, which I am using to introduce my group to D&D 3E. Please can you give me feedback on it? I know that it is very basic but hopefully it will be playable.

Not included are the 'read aloud' descriptions because I have already worked this out for my self, and the typing of the adventure is just notes for myself, I did not include them. If Alaundo would to distribute this on Candlekeep I would ask that he does so after I have play it through with my players, I'll even type the descriptions into it for him!

Note! This will only be up until Wednesday, after that I will have to remove it for fears of my players finding it!

I am working on Cloudvale information just now, a couple more NPCs. I'm hoping to have finished the map on Monday night. I will upload this to the same server for viewing. Until then!

Hanx
Elrond

Edited by - Elrond Half Elven on 11 Mar 2004 23:03:09
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  16:45:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed, we would be more than happy to have your adventure available within the library. Please get in touch when the time is right (i.e. after your PC's have been slain ) so that we can arrange what to include.

Thank ye

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 08 Feb 2004 16:46:58
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  16:58:01  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will be a pleasure! (killing the players that is! Just kiding!)

Alaundo shall contact you when this has been played, and we can discuss what should be included!

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  10:32:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again I apologise deeply Elrond...I'm about ready to give up on this whole 'new-email' system deal...

Anyway, I've looked over the file at the link you posted, so I should have some ideas for you soon...

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  21:37:06  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazingly I have stuck to Schedule! I have created a map of Cloudvale. There are two versions of the map. The first, which has been annotated, is for the DM. The second without annotations is for the players. You will be able to find them for download in bitmap file here:

PC Map:www.dragonnet.0catch.com/PC%20Cloudvale%20Map.BMP

Alaundo if you want copies for the library there are also CC2 files of them. They will be included in the 'Cloudvale' pack that you will receive upon the finishing of the product however if you want them now then just say!

Rad also asked in an earlier post what 'interesting landmarks' are around. Well I found several that I will post here.

This information can be found from the WoTC website but is also presented in the Lands of Intrigue book it deals with Lake Weng, on the banks of which Cloudvale is situated.

Lake Weng

A rocky ridge rising north of Crimmor and arching east and slightly south around Amnwater created the small freshwater Lake Weng. The most famous sites here are the three ruined cities of Minsorran, old temple-towns dedicated to Lathander, Mystra, and Shar from a centuries-dead theocracy. Minsor Vale is the fourth city and the former Minsorran capital, on the southwest side of the lake; this temple-town of Selune regained a quarter of its population centuries after its fall and is still inhabited, becoming the most visited ruins of the four.

Over a half-dozen fishing villages surround Lake Weng, but they are rarely visited. Few travelers thus see the remarkable carved stone docks in Shatar, the mysterious glowing bell tower of Edive, or the blue glowing waters of Ideepton (believed to be sacred to goddess Eldath).

So there you are! Tomorrow I am hoping to post another couple of NPCs, and over the next few days the annotations to the village. But we will see!

Hanx
Elrond

Edited by - Elrond Half Elven on 11 Mar 2004 23:01:10
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  01:58:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is an extraordinary piece of work Elrond...

With the few notes and source material you've presented so far, I've began to incorporate Cloudvale into my own campaign. Now that you've presented us with a great map of the area as well, it's even more easier to work it into my version of Faerun.

Thanks...

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  18:22:35  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank thee Sage. Might i still say that I'm starting to rework the information and I am currently creating more.

Hanx
Elrond

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  23:33:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds great...

I've been really inspired by this creation of your's Elrond...You should be proud...

Go to Top of Page

GreatDrake
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  00:02:15  Show Profile  Visit GreatDrake's Homepage Send GreatDrake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you ever get this posted? I know it was a long time ago, but I stumbled upon this just now and love what I have read so far.

Seemed so long ago. If you are still around Elrond...how did the Adventure go?

Sorry for digging into the old bin of topics that most people thought were dead. Maybe it's better I did, so good material such as this was not wasted ;)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000