Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Last Mythal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  09:28:00  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Welcome to Candlekeep Richard Baker

I'm personally very intrigued about your upcoming Last Mythal Trilogy, is there anything you can tell us about the series and the first novel? ::drool::

Oh, and FANTASTIC work with WotSQ!!!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2004 :  09:40:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, Mr Baker, Mr Baker...I have some questions too, but not the time to ask them. I check back soon...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

RichardBaker
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

129 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  00:35:40  Show Profile  Visit RichardBaker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, glad to be here!

The Last Mythal tells the story of a sun elf wizard, Araevin Teshurr, as he confronts the plots of the daemonfey--Sarya Dlardrageth and her fey'ri. Sarya dreams of refounding the realm of Siluvanede in the Delimbiyr Vale, and exacting a very long overdue vengeance against the wood elves of the High Forest and the elves of Evereska. Worse yet, she's got her hands on the Gatekeeper's Crystal, a weapon that she can use to cause all sorts of trouble. To counter the daemonfey threat, Araevin investigates an ancient mystery embedded in a set of telkiira stones and finds himself in a race to find the loregems before the daemonfey do. Meanwhile, Evermeet struggles to send aid to Evereska and the wood elves, divided by a contentious debate as to the wisdom of fighting in Faerun so soon after sustaining terrible losses in Kymil Nimesin's attack on Evermeet and their expedition to aid Evereska against the phaerimm.

Old mysteries, High Magic, renegade mythals, ancient villains, epic battles--The Forsaken House has it all, and it's only the first book in the series. I'm pretty proud of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Welcome to Candlekeep Richard Baker

I'm personally very intrigued about your upcoming Last Mythal Trilogy, is there anything you can tell us about the series and the first novel? ::drool::

Oh, and FANTASTIC work with WotSQ!!!

Rich Baker
Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  01:19:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! When does this come out again?
Go to Top of Page

CurseLord
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  01:24:22  Show Profile  Visit CurseLord's Homepage Send CurseLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe it comes out in August. I am very much looking foward to this book, and I am glad that the events of other novels are being used in this book.

Edited by - CurseLord on 07 Feb 2004 01:25:21
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  01:25:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CurseLord

I believe it comes out in August. I am very much looking foward to this book, and I am glad that the events of other novels are being used in this book.

Thanks CurseLord! Continuity is nice to see isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  10:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Rich!

::wipes drool from chin::

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  10:41:54  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh goody. Another novel to get put claws into.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Moonbow
Seeker

Denmark
64 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  09:00:09  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Moonbow's Homepage Send Adrian Moonbow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. There's a lot of new trilogies coming out these years!

"I would have wanted not to die.
I would have wanted never to grow up!"
-Quidam
Go to Top of Page

Malaug
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  14:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Malaug's Homepage Send Malaug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't the Gatekeeper Crystal used by the Mistmaster to finally imprison the fiends of Hellgate Keep?

I can't wait to see how this artifact was wrested from the Mistmaster!
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  03:00:50  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes this does seem to be a very interesting trilogy.Can't wait Richard

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  10:39:33  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Araevin Teshurr...

Rich, is this the same Araevin, Sun Elf wizard, who features as the FR posterboy in Underdark, CotSQ, and on the cover of PGtF?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  15:23:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

Araevin Teshurr...

Rich, is this the same Araevin, Sun Elf wizard, who features as the FR posterboy in Underdark, CotSQ, and on the cover of PGtF?

That's a male sun elf on the cover to PGTF? I've never heard of names given to who was on that cover. Thus, I'm curious to see if there is any connection.
Go to Top of Page

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  20:41:27  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the Underdark book, in the picture of the 3 adventurers looking out over the Darklake(?), the caption gives them names.

That Sun elf wizard and the female Shield Dwarf Cleric of Moradin seem to be becoming the iconic faces of FR game products.
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  21:43:07  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malaug

Wasn't the Gatekeeper Crystal used by the Mistmaster to finally imprison the fiends of Hellgate Keep?

I can't wait to see how this artifact was wrested from the Mistmaster!

It was wrested from him by exploding into three parts. Two of which were scattered to the winds and one was buried in Hellgate (from Alaundo's guide to all things Magical). Activating to Gatekeeper's Crystal in the way that causes the pieces to be teleport to various places.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  02:48:51  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

In the Underdark book, in the picture of the 3 adventurers looking out over the Darklake(?), the caption gives them names.

That Sun elf wizard and the female Shield Dwarf Cleric of Moradin seem to be becoming the iconic faces of FR game products.

I didn't like the PGTF cover or the Underdark cover so they can move on to something else as soon as possible.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  03:17:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

I didn't like the PGTF cover or the Underdark cover so they can move on to something else as soon as possible.

I cover all of my hardcovers, so after I get the book home, I never see the cover art again. And that doesn't bother me at all -- I'm no fan of WotC artwork.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  04:06:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I cover all of my hardcovers, so after I get the book home, I never see the cover art again. And that doesn't bother me at all -- I'm no fan of WotC artwork.

I want to see a larger image of The Last Mythal. Anyone know of such an image is out any place yet? Not to mention a sample chapter which better be in the next WOTSQ novel or else.

No idea on what the else part would be but I like to add dramatic effect.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  11:37:54  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here ya go Sirius: http://www.o-love.net/realms/covers_large/pic_las1.jpg.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  15:37:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Here ya go Sirius: http://www.o-love.net/realms/covers_large/pic_las1.jpg.

Thank you Sarelle. Is that intended to be fire coming out of his head? Light? Or is it just a big hat like the Pope wears?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000