Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Resurrection (WotSQ VI) Sample Chapter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  22:12:17  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this also hold true for those who reside in the Sceptered Isle?

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  01:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! Now I'll have something to buy as a reward to myself once I'm done with my term's finals...
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  03:41:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp
Since I already went out on a limb with this, I figured I might as well offer the most current information. I have heard from my editor that "Resurrection" will ship today or tomorrow, which means that it will find its way into stores next week. Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.
Paul

What they don't have overnight shipping?

Thank you for the update. Nervous any yet about the reaction from fans?
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  21:44:04  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I understand from WotC that "Resurrection" will be in stores and available starting next week (i.e., the week of April 4). FYI.

Since I already went out on a limb with this, I figured I might as well offer the most current information. I have heard from my editor that "Resurrection" will ship today or tomorrow, which means that it will find its way into stores next week. Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Paul

Amazon.com, do you copy?!? Ordered it two month ago, now I hope it will be over here soon! Thanks for the news and xal Lolth kyorl dos! (if she's still alive, that is ...)

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  22:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On Amazon.com: It has the shipping listed as the delivery arriving in MAY! Think this is an error?
Go to Top of Page

Tanyn Midrain
Acolyte

Sweden
27 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  22:51:59  Show Profile  Visit Tanyn Midrain's Homepage Send Tanyn Midrain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sincerely hope so, since I ordered my book from them as well.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  00:36:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan
Amazon.com, do you copy?!

I hope you are ready for a possible long wait. Out of the three online book vendors, B&N, BAM, and Amazon, the latter is the one, for some reason, that has the slowest time getting in new WOTC novels. That theory is based on my experiences the past couple of years. Perhaps it will be different this time around. I would like that to be so. I could get it delivered next day air then for just over three dollars.

And don't worry about it having a May release date on Amazon. That vendor at one time had a release date for the next novel of George R.R. Martin's series. This listing took place despite the fact the author and publisher had provided no information on the novel's release because it was still being written.

For release dates, at times I feel Amazon throws a dart at a board, while blindfolded.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  00:39:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
I hope you are ready for a possible long wait. Out of the three online book vendors, B&N, BAM, and Amazon, the latter is the one, for some reason, that has the slowest time getting in new WOTC novels. That theory is based on my experiences the past couple of years. Perhaps it will be different this time around. I would like that to be so. I could get it delivered next day air then for just over three dollars.

And don't worry about it having a May release date on Amazon. That vendor at one time had a release date for the next novel of George R.R. Martin's series. This listing took place despite the fact the author and publisher had provided no information on the novel's release because it was still being written.

For release dates, at times I feel Amazon throws a dart at a board, while blindfolded.

Sorta like they STILL have the Neverwinter Nights anthology on sale even though it's never been printed. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  00:43:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31
Sorta like they STILL have the Neverwinter Nights anthology on sale even though it's never been printed. :)

SB bows down

Best damn example kuje. I have to remember that the next time a scribe brings up Amazon.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  08:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't had a reason to complain so far and as long as the books are cheaper (despite handling and P&P) from Amazon.com than they are at Amazon Germany, I will not start to complain either.

Let's hope and see.

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 09 Apr 2005 08:11:26
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2005 :  20:34:12  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, why did wotc have to go and kick the great wheel out of FR and mess everything up? Doesn`t seem to make any sense.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2005 :  18:39:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Paul

An FYI to those fans eagerly waiting for this novel, both Barnes & Noble and Books a Million are showing this novel as ships within 2-3 days/3-4 days, respectively.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  16:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

BTW, why did wotc have to go and kick the great wheel out of FR and mess everything up? Doesn`t seem to make any sense.

Wrong thread, hence a quick answer: IMHO, they wanted to create a equivalent / balance to Arvandor as the realm of the deities of the "good" elves. Furthermore, Lolth herself is a powerful deity, one that deserves better than a place among Abyssal Lords.

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000