Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Kara-Tur
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kianna
Learned Scribe

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  04:01:11  Show Profile  Visit Kianna's Homepage Send Kianna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, picture two people who both had all the D&D 2E books, two almost full sets of WOD books, one and a half sets of 3E books and multiple misc 1E books......and various other things such as 2E box sets, Marvel Universe box sets, Con X, SLA Ind., etc. etc.

We packed and moved it all by ourselves...into an upstairs apartment...in the Claifornia summertime. We are not moving for a VERY long time. And when we do you are all more than welcome to come help us for pizza and ale. :)

Huzzah!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  04:38:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My, my... we seem to have diverted from the conversation about Kara-Tur .

Please, let us return to the topic at hand... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  04:42:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still trying to come up with a good reason to side track my PCs to Shou Lung, if only to say that they have been there. I like Shou Lung. The funny thing is, before the first book of the Empires trilogy I liked Kozakura much better, but for some reason I really enjoyed the nation after reading a book there.

They aren't standard Realmslore, but I did like the Empires Trilogy, especially when compared to the sister trilogy that explored Maztica (which, ironcally, the players have shown more interest in exploring).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  11:39:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I'm still trying to come up with a good reason to side track my PCs to Shou Lung, if only to say that they have been there. I like Shou Lung. The funny thing is, before the first book of the Empires trilogy I liked Kozakura much better, but for some reason I really enjoyed the nation after reading a book there.

They aren't standard Realmslore, but I did like the Empires Trilogy, especially when compared to the sister trilogy that explored Maztica (which, ironcally, the players have shown more interest in exploring).

Huh? Kozakura wasn't in the Empires triogy... Shou Lung was, but not Kozakura. I don't think it was even mentioned...

And why do you say it's not standard Realmslore?

Oh, and Kianna: I did it in the Florida summer. I've done California summers, and it's a lot better than a Florida summer...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  12:22:09  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Huh? Kozakura wasn't in the Empires triogy... Shou Lung was, but not Kozakura. I don't think it was even mentioned...

And why do you say it's not standard Realmslore?

Oh, and Kianna: I did it in the Florida summer. I've done California summers, and it's a lot better than a Florida summer...

Well met

I believe the emissary dispatched to meet with Yamun Kahan was from Kozakura (I don't recall his name, however)

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kianna
Learned Scribe

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  14:04:25  Show Profile  Visit Kianna's Homepage Send Kianna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humidity and moving don't mix, for sure.

So I guess the main consensus is no Kara-Tur source books. Which is a shame because I was flipping thoguh my 2E stuff and its really really sadly lacking in detail.

Huzzah!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  15:58:05  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Wooly, let me explain. Based only on the sourcebooks, my early inclination was to favor Kozakura as a setting, but upon reading about Shou Lung in a novel, it caught my imagination. I didn't mean to imply that Kozakura had made an appearance there. Sorry for the confusion.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  07:46:36  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Kianna

Nice. So why again did I make Crennen pay all that money for old 1E and 2E books??? :)

Because, like me, you two wanted the hard copies because reading online makes your eyes bleed. :)

Which I became painfully aware of while reading your NPC list and Ed's answers! ...I just couldn't quit reading.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  07:54:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Kianna

Nice. So why again did I make Crennen pay all that money for old 1E and 2E books??? :)

Because, like me, you two wanted the hard copies because reading online makes your eyes bleed. :)

Which I became painfully aware of while reading your NPC list and Ed's answers! ...I just couldn't quit reading.

Muh haha. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  16:19:38  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Books are good food, anyway... like Campbell's soup.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000