Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Which is your favorite deity?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  03:12:58  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitiely Ellistraee. I love the fact that she is the total antithesis of the regular Drow deities and what they stand for. That she judges and accepts, or rejects, all by their outward actions and inner heart rather than their words or heritage. That she will go out of her way to help someone in need, and that she will not abide evil or cruelness in any form.
Jeez, am I a goody goody or what?

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  03:18:17  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Yeah, and I think we could use a few more like you too

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  03:19:18  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

My favorites dieties are Silvanus, Mielikki, Lathander, and almost any elven god/dess I didn't mention. (there's a lot.) except the evil ones...I don't do evil.... anything from true neutral all the way up to Lawful good. Lol. I'm such a goody goody....

I believe I have found one who thinks as I do, Sadon. All goody goodies unite!

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  06:25:48  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Definitiely Ellistraee. I love the fact that she is the total antithesis of the regular Drow deities and what they stand for. That she judges and accepts, or rejects, all by their outward actions and inner heart rather than their words or heritage. That she will go out of her way to help someone in need, and that she will not abide evil or cruelness in any form.

I also liked Eilistraee, but after reading Evermeet: ... (don't remember what follow) i LOVE her. Still mystra is my favorite

Edited by - zemd on 20 Mar 2003 06:26:10
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  08:38:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's the Island of Elves, Zemd! Oy. One more slipup like that and you loose points.

I like Ellistraee better than Mystra -- not sure why, I just do. But I still think Oghma's more suited to my personallity. It's not all about who has the coolest powers, after all.

You know, the question Sushisause was asking was also including all of D&D. Is there anyone here who likes an outside-of-FR deity?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  09:42:33  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

You know, the question Sushisause was asking was also including all of D&D. Is there anyone here who likes an outside-of-FR deity?

Youre asking for trouble Bookwyrm, Alaundo will come down on you like a ton of bricks with you yet again mentioning non-FR material

Saying that, my favorite generic god would be Tiamat. I loved the Queen of Dragons for years now, I used to use it as my sign-on names for everything at one point! Shes awesome!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 20 Mar 2003 09:44:18
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  10:57:12  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's the Island of Elves, Zemd! Oy. One more slipup like that and you loose points.

Remember that i read it in French, so the titles are slightly differents

quote:

The gods i don't like are the Greyhawk's ones... Boccob god of magic, pfff!
DL ones are quite cool, but the goddess i prefered (The evil one, don't remember the name) died.
Go to Top of Page

Rekindin
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  03:32:07  Show Profile  Visit Rekindin's Homepage Send Rekindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have to say Torm is the greatest deity.

Please let me be your good part of your day
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  04:20:35  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put Elistraee second behind Mystra, I thought her nobility and strength of character are truly inspiring. I also like swords and (forgive me here people) the bladedancing (I mean what's not to like?)

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  07:51:58  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, right after Mystra, i'd put put Tymora or Lathander
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  09:46:07  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In addition to Shar and Oghma I also like Deneir, who I for some reason seem to have been ignoring so far. But I discovered that he is the god of literature which is one of my main interests.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  02:05:44  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to add Torm, Kelemvor and Ohgma. I'm not a true knowledge-is-my-life person but it is always good to know.

If the goodie goodies unite, I'm right there with them all. Maybe I'll run for the goddie goodie president.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  02:24:22  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Favorite Diety would have to be Tempus.

~Mirt
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  02:57:22  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tempus is really kinda cool. Just I would be careful not to tick him off. He's cool but scary.

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  13:50:36  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What i like in Tempus, it's that he doesn't think a lot about what is good and what is evil (I know, he is CN!). He does what he wants: war.
It's a deity that is both simple and difficult to understand. Simple because he is like a kid, he does what he want on the instant. But difficult because even if you worship him, you can't take for granted that he won't help your ennemies
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  16:41:35  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

What i like in Tempus, it's that he doesn't think a lot about what is good and what is evil (I know, he is CN!). He does what he wants: war.
It's a deity that is both simple and difficult to understand. Simple because he is like a kid, he does what he want on the instant. But difficult because even if you worship him, you can't take for granted that he won't help your ennemies

That's true. IIRC, at one point he was helping both sides of a battle (in Prince of Lies or Crucible: the Trial of Cyric the Mad) just so that there would be a war constantly going on.
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  17:43:56  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's true. IIRC, at one point he was helping both sides of a battle (in Prince of Lies or Crucible: the Trial of Cyric the Mad) just so that there would be a war constantly going on.

I like Tempus also, but he isn't quite as simple as he is made out to be. He enjoys war, but he does not advocate war for its own sake (that would be Garagos). He believes that wars must always have a purpose, that war is necessary and ultimately benificial to the developement of civilization, and that people must be willing to fight for their beliefs, for always avoiding war when conflict arises results in more misery in the long-term than decisive wars. The 2nd edition Faiths and Avatars has a detailed description of his motivations.

Edited by - Alaundo on 24 Mar 2003 18:39:48
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  17:39:47  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My fav diety has got to be the great Gar Glittergold - everything about him is just so cool!

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  02:11:01  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SUNE OF COURSE!!!!

She has red hair. She is hot.

urg. I hate when I forget this is only a game....

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  20:49:38  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like a lot Sune as she's described (not a lot i know) in the Avatar Trilogy, she just seems to be to proud of her beauty. Furthermore in the Cleric Quintlet, the Cleric of Sune isn't very sympathic.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  23:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I think that beauty for for its own sake is a bit dumb. Sune's just a goddess of beauty -- physical beauty, I should stress, and the attraction thereof. Too many people confuse that for love.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  01:25:54  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you misunderstand. I do not mistake Sune for anything other than the Goddess of Physical beauty! With beauty and red hair, I wouldn't care WHAT she was the goddess of.

But actually my favourite deity is Mielikki, and Tyr. Sune is just a beautiful whim...

and what better girlfriend to have then A paladin of SUNE!!!!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  05:50:32  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sune has paladins? I thought she just had clerics. She doesn't seem the type to have warriors dedicated to her service . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  06:05:13  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm, don't worry. I've never heard of any fighters that worship Sune.

Go to Top of Page

KlarthAilerion
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  09:12:14  Show Profile  Visit KlarthAilerion's Homepage Send KlarthAilerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sune has paladins? I thought she just had clerics. She doesn't seem the type to have warriors dedicated to her service . . . .

Well, if you count the main character of Faces of Deception (Lost Empires, Book 2) as a warrior then that would be... one Although I'm not sure if he was so much a warrior as a supplicant that had been deceived, and who just so happened to posess great strength. His name escapes me...
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  13:07:23  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Bookwyrm, Palladins don't worship Sune
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  19:22:08  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Sune worshipped by Druids or just Clerics?

TDM

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  19:34:40  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just clerics
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  19:37:23  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK thanx

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  19:44:08  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ahem!

I think Mumadar might have something to say about that...

What say you Oh Learned Sage of Sages?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000