Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Which is your favorite deity?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  04:26:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... This topic predates me coming over here. Looking back over the posts on this thread, I see some familiar faces, but also a lot of scribes that don't come in as frequently any more...

Anyway, my fave Realms deity is Lurue. Why? Well...

The whole point of a patron deity is that you follow the one who most closely matches your own nature. Lurue is whimsical, and that -- even more than mischief -- is one thing that marks me.

Here's what the Powers and Pantheons says:

"The Queen of Talking Beasts and Intelligent Creatures is often taken with wanderlust. She can be whimsical but is infinitely loyal once she takes someone into her trust, and she never abandons her worshippers in times of need. When faced with no other option that combat, Lurue is a dedicated and intractable foe, but she prefers light banter, clever riddles, new discoveries, and the joyous exploration of life.

The Unicorn is a symbol of hope, joy, salvation, and protection for the needy, forlorn, and forsaken. Life is to be relished and lived with laughter. Quests are to be taken on a dare and gifts are to be made on a whim. Impossible dreams are to be pursued for the sheer wonder of the possibility of their completion. Everyone, no matter how unique, is to be praised for their strengths and comforted in their weaknesses. Evil melts most quickly in the face of a rapier wit and unshackled joy. Search for the unicorn and in the pursuit find happiness.

Many of Lurue's clergy are adventurers who travel about the Realms seeking wrongs to right and finding a good balance of merriment, new experiences, and self-improvement in such a profession.
"

Much of what is written about Lurue is how I live.

Plus, the city of Silverymoon was named after her, and that's one of my fave places in the Realms. Her affiliated order, the Order of the Unicorn, was founded by the Knights of the Unicorn, "a romantic, whimsical group of high-born adventurers" -- and you know that's a group I'd be part of!

All of that makes her be the deity for me!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  05:30:47  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tymora and Tyr. Tymora after meeting Rathan and his sidekick Torm, or is it the other way around... anyways, it has always interested me. check out the temple in shadowdale. Additionally, I became interested in Tyr after the pools trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Wilson
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2006 :  06:51:12  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Wilson's Homepage Send Mr. Wilson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always been partial to Oghma and Hoar. Knowledge for knowledge's sake, and Poetic Justice, great portfolios.

"I've got a plan..."- Dan
"Nothing good has ever come after those four words." - Jesse
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2006 :  08:39:26  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorites for most of my FR experience have been the evil gods Malar, Mask, Moander, Gargauth, and recently Tiamat. I am also fond of some of the lesser known demihuman deities such as Solonor Thelandira and Baravar Cloakshadow.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Horatio
Seeker

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2006 :  00:49:24  Show Profile  Visit Horatio's Homepage Send Horatio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By order:

Ilmater, Kelemvor, Lathander, Tempus

I love Ilmater because my first character in a FR settings was a benevolent priestess of Ilmater everyone liked, and it was very rewarding to play a character everyone likes.

I like Kelemvor because I get to brood a lot, and play the gravedigger!

I like Lathander because you get to be cheery and inspiring. It's a very characteristic class.

I like Tempus because you get to be very contentious.

Well, enough of my rambling!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  10:43:24  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoar is close to me, but my all-time favorite is the vigilant one, Helm.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Lord Nemes
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  00:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Lord Nemes's Homepage Send Lord Nemes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorites are Bane and Mask, you can add Bhaal and Myrkul, I usualy have a plot or two with them in background (Crown of Horn or folower trying to bring them back...)

On the side of good I go with Tymora
Go to Top of Page

Vainelus
Seeker

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  19:57:16  Show Profile  Visit Vainelus's Homepage Send Vainelus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Favorite deity

I would have to say that I have always been a fan of Mystra, Torm, and Mielikki.

Although currently I am running a campaign based around the Knights of the Blue Moon and I am beginning to grow fond of Selune.
Go to Top of Page

The Blue Sorceress
Learned Scribe

107 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  23:15:29  Show Profile  Visit The Blue Sorceress's Homepage Send The Blue Sorceress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lathander is my favorite FR deity. Cheerful, optimistic and enthusiatic pretty much describe me.

-Blue

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I see your walrus and raise you a carpenter
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  00:03:42  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

Siamorphe god of nobles in waterdeep great fun.
Go to Top of Page

TheRedBard
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  05:42:26  Show Profile  Visit TheRedBard's Homepage Send TheRedBard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sune is my personal fav by far, as my latest thread discussed, nothing petty about love whatsoever.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing!"
-Robin Williams, 1978 HBO Special
Go to Top of Page

Talanfir Swiftfeet
Learned Scribe

Finland
143 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  15:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Talanfir Swiftfeet's Homepage Send Talanfir Swiftfeet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheRedBard

Sune is my personal fav by far, as my latest thread discussed, nothing petty about love whatsoever.

I agree. Most of the books make Sune and her clergy look too whimsical and petty. I think she was best interperted in "Heirs of Prophecy" where the half-elf Larajin was a cleric of both Sune and Hanali Celanil.

My favorite deity is Finder Wyvernspur and Brandobaris as a close second. Those books about Finder just made me love his personality. I also like that he has that "renewal of nature by rot" thing (does he have any druids?) as well as the art portfolio.

I am Talanfir Swiftfeet. (In)famous across the Swoardcoast as "Tal the Swift", Brandobaris´ seraph of mischief. If ye find yer shoelaces tied together while trying to catch a thief or meet a king who is angry because somebody switched the places of his chamberpot and his crown, ye can usually (try to) find me near.

If I had a halfling mother and a human father, would I be a half-halfling or a threequarterling?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000