Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for R A Salvatore
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Cattie-Brie Battlehammer
Acolyte

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2004 :  03:46:32  Show Profile  Visit Cattie-Brie Battlehammer's Homepage Send Cattie-Brie Battlehammer a Private Message
i would just like to say that drizzt is the best character eva!!!!!!!!!! and that R A Salvatore can do, or indeed write no wrong!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aglarondian
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2004 :  03:58:36  Show Profile  Visit Aglarondian's Homepage Send Aglarondian a Private Message
ahh yes how stupid of me (smacks self with FRCB knowledge check) yeah...i knew that but it didn't come to me, darn wis modifier.....gosh....thanks! i'd been on about that one for a while, never played a drow so never really had to deal with the lvl adjust...thanks

Thamior Xiloscient
Spellfire Wielder
Follower of Mystra
"Just because I've taught you everything you know, does not constitute in anyway that I've taught you all I know"
Go to Top of Page

Senbar Flay
Learned Scribe

185 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  00:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Senbar Flay's Homepage Send Senbar Flay a Private Message
Hello!! Mr Salavatore I just wanted to say I have finshed the Cleric Quintet and am nearing the end of the Icewind Dale trilogy. It was great but my question is do you plan to have a sequel for the Cleric Quintet or is it over.

Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.- Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Yoshimo
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  23:47:14  Show Profile  Visit Yoshimo's Homepage Send Yoshimo a Private Message
Hello, Mister Salvatore. I enjoy your novels very much. I am currently reading the Lone Drow. I just finished the part where Ad'non Kareese is beheaded and Donnia is killed via a nasty fall from the cliff. I was just sad to see Ad'non go so quickly for he was one of the greatest villains in the Thousand Orcs as well as The Lone Drow. Drizzt Dourdenthe is, and will always be, me very favorite character due to his perseverance toward the way others treat him. His hunter's instinct is a fine addition to the series, adding more drama and suspense to the story when he is behind enemy lines.

I am in the process of writing my own novel with a character named Elyis Etherberan. That particular writing is labeled Etherberan under Adventures in this very same sight. I would very much like your opinion of the quality in which I write, that is, if you have that time to spare. If not, do you have any tips for a young writer such as myself? Anything would be appreciated. I thank you for your time, and would very much like to see Drizzt Do'Urden in his many adventures within the near future. I entreat you to keep up the inspirational work.

May the light of Selune light your path and Olidammara guide your footsteps ~Shadow Thief Motto
Go to Top of Page

Neo2151
Learned Scribe

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  08:14:52  Show Profile Send Neo2151 a Private Message
Hello and well met Bob (since "Mr. Salvatore would be your father if I'm not mistaken ),
First off, I'd just like to say what an honor it has been to read the exciting tales of the heroes of Mithril Hall and of course, Cadderly, Danika and the Brothers. Though I haven't read The Lone Drow as of yet (I much prefer paper-back to hardcopy) or the two DemonWars series, or even the Highwayman, they are definitly on my "to-do" list.
I realize you must be a busy man, so I'll only bother you with a few questions.
First, my friend and I have a theory that many of the authors Forgotten Realms (You and Ed Greenwood being our most prominent examples) aren't quite as happy with the way the Realms are running under the guidance of WotC. To be quite honest I know quite a few people who are not happy with the way the Realms have been running recently (From the switch from 2nd Ed to 3rd Ed and even from TSR to WotC). I was just wondering if this was at all true, and if so, is that why you've ventured back to your own homebred world?
Second, I've heard from many sources that when you originally started with the Crystal Shard, it was truly to be an off-set of the Douglas Niles Moonshae Trilogy, and that it was originally intended to be based off of the exploits of Wulfgar, not Drizzt. In fact, I've even heard that Drizzt was to be killed off in either Streams of Silver or the Halfling's Gem. Is this true, and if so, why the switch from Wulfgar to Drizzt? In other words, what made you decide to keep Drizzt alive and run with the story revolving more closely around him rather than Wulfgar?
Lastly, my friends and I are having a dispute that's rather difficult to find common ground with. In your short story in Realms of Shadow (though sadly, I cannot remember the name), Artemus kills a shade with Charon's Claw, in effect, absorbing the life essence of that shade. Our dispute is whether that act turned Artemus into full shade (full template as per stats in Races of Faerun), or is he now some sort of off-shoot, or rather somewhere stuck inbetween a shade and a human?
I thank you for your time and look foreward to your replies.

Fare well, and Scimitars High

"Come looking for me, and I will blast you to dust, and then lay waste to all your descendants, ancestors, and the realm you came from, every last tree and stone of it. Why? Well, it's what I usually do."

-Baerendra Riverhand on The Story of Spellfire
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  11:52:00  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message
Just a note to the new folk who have been sending messages to Bob Salvatore on this thread: Whilst he does stop by these forums occasionally, but has asked questions be directed to him on the forums at his own website: RAsalvatore.com.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  22:24:11  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message
Mr. Salvatore, I was wondering, though you probably shouldn't tell me, If you are going to write about(my favorite character) Jaraxle. Also is there going to be (or already is) a hardcover Cleric Quinet trilogy.
Scimitars High

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  04:14:00  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dantrag

Mr. Salvatore, I was wondering, though you probably shouldn't tell me, If you are going to write about(my favorite character) Jaraxle.

I'm not Mr. Salvatore, although I play one on T.V.

But, I think this thread will help you learn the answer to the above question.
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:43:17  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message
Mr Salvatore,
I hypothesized that Drizzt's scimitars were reflections of his 2 personas. Twinkle represents the side of him that is compassionate, while IceingDeath represents the hunter. Did you intend for it to come across this way or do you think it was subliminal or maybe its just me thinking about it a bit to much.

-The RogueAssassin

Oh yeah and i missed your booksigning in North Carolina a while back and im so disappointed, i read about it on this site the day of it. I live in South Carolina and started to Drive up there but i got about halfway and realized i would be to late. Ill be there next time round.

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

rumblebelly
Acolyte

Turkey
25 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  07:55:41  Show Profile  Visit rumblebelly's Homepage Send rumblebelly a Private Message
try this :)

RAsalvatore.com

this is the end of the world news: sponsored by god
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  09:08:18  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message
Been there done that...

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Aglarondian
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  22:11:23  Show Profile  Visit Aglarondian's Homepage Send Aglarondian a Private Message
I don't think Bob intended for the scimitars to come across that way but I can deffinately see where you're coming from and actually have wondered the very same thing for a while. I noticed also that Drizzts ankle braces of speed aren't in the FR core book. I have only read up to Passage to Dawn so please don't yell at me(all you hardcore Salvatore fans) as I only started reading Salvatore in June of this year.

Thamior Xiloscient
Spellfire Wielder
Follower of Mystra
"Just because I've taught you everything you know, does not constitute in anyway that I've taught you all I know"
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  05:22:09  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message
Mr. Salvatore, just wanted to congradulate you on the most awesome ending of a book i've ever seen. Sojourn has the greatest ending ever..."Is my story fully told, I think not." WOW!

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  17:04:50  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
A Wheel of Time site has an excellent interview up with R.A. Salvatore. The interview provides some very insightful details and comments.
Go to Top of Page

Hamlet
Acolyte

Bulgaria
30 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  23:34:56  Show Profile  Visit Hamlet's Homepage Send Hamlet a Private Message
SiriusBlack: thank you, it was really of interest.

I have often encountered Salvatore's fan-illustrations, long before reading any of his works. The ultimate example are the images of Drizzt as drawn by the twisted genius Gerald Brom himself. Like, SiriusBlack happens to wear an avatar taken out of Brom's pictures * smile * and I think I also saw around Brom's famous Drizzt picture in an avatar here. (If unaware of what I am talking about: look here (second row, last to the right in the webpage) and also here (top right corner of the page) for Drizzt; up there (fourth one from left to right on first row) for SiriusBlack's avatar; main page source here)

A few years ago however I encountered a watercolour genius who made me, really made me go read those books anyway. The name is Jenny Dolfen. Here is a link to her works, to begin with Drizzt fighting his father. It's all on the Elfwood project so you can easily see her other works also. Two of my personal favourites: Catti-brie and Drizzt in a tragical situation, Drow Bladedancers - enjoy!

P.S. I noticed someone here offering him/her/self as an apprentice for Salvatore. But, seriously, people, you happen to have an idea of what you are saying and what it actually means before you say it?!

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -- Capn Charlie

Well, lesson learned ... do 'NOT' piss off a trapped lich. -- Cardinal Deimos
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  05:15:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hamlet
A few years ago however I encountered a watercolour genius who made me, really made me go read those books anyway. The name is Jenny Dolfen.

Jenny Dolfen is one of the finest artists I've had the pleasure to come across. She's done wonderful work detailing characters from the Harry Potter series as well as George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.
Go to Top of Page

Charon
Acolyte

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  03:36:35  Show Profile  Visit Charon's Homepage Send Charon a Private Message
indeed, i have seen many of the sketches and drawings of Salvatores world but i prefer to draw my own...i finished a sketch of jarlaxle, (i quite liked it) the other day and im thinking of sending some of my work to elfwood or some such place...youll be able to see it soon
neway...talk some more later
-the greatest fan of most of R.A. Salvatores characters-

we...are...legion
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2004 :  22:02:11  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message
Just a bit of information that you probably all know, but due to recent abuse on RAsalvatore.com Bob is not going to visit there much anymore. It is a shame that a few idiots spoil things for the majority.
Oh and Bob if you are out there MORE CADDERLY please

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2004 :  22:43:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

Just a bit of information that you probably all know, but due to recent abuse on RAsalvatore.com Bob is not going to visit there much anymore. It is a shame that a few idiots spoil things for the majority.
Oh and Bob if you are out there MORE CADDERLY please

Man, that ain't right that he should be chased from a website that's named after him...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2004 :  23:05:14  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message
I know my friend, what do these morons hope to achieve by this? I'm just glad that the 'Keep seems to have lost the few idiots that were giving the rest of us a bad name.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  16:20:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
WOTC has some new R.A. Salvatore related features up:

Hunter's Blade Synopsis

Let the Blade Sing, an R.A. Salvatore interview

and

Sample Chapter for the upcoming novel.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2004 :  15:44:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
WOTC has posted a schedule for R.A. Salvatore's upcoming signing tour.
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2004 :  21:08:58  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message
I don't see Crewe, Cheshire on the list anywhere. Maybe you just forgot to add it Bob?

Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  06:23:48  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message
Thanks for The Two Swords, like all the others it`s a very great book.
When will you write your next story about the Realms?
Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  22:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message
Can someone please tell me what a bog bloke is?

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2004 :  14:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message
Is there a story about the creation of Khazid-hea, like the shortstory about Guen?
Go to Top of Page

rafa42
Acolyte

Poland
7 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  11:37:29  Show Profile  Visit rafa42's Homepage Send rafa42 a Private Message
Do someone know anythink about new books with drizzt?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  14:19:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by rafa42

Do someone know anythink about new books with drizzt?

A thread devoted to the latest novel can be found here.

Go to Top of Page

Effect
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  22:53:05  Show Profile  Visit Effect's Homepage Send Effect a Private Message
Like what Lameth asked. After the Hunter trilogy is over will you be writing anymore Forgotten Realms novels featuring Drizzt or any other characters Mr. Salvatore?

Edited by - Effect on 18 Nov 2004 22:53:50
Go to Top of Page

rumblebelly
Acolyte

Turkey
25 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2004 :  13:10:44  Show Profile  Visit rumblebelly's Homepage Send rumblebelly a Private Message
ah them bog blokes... they were the monsters that attacked the Riders of Nesme? Yeh they are tall but hunched, tree like creatures with long limbs, if I dont remember wrongly (not like trolls though)

this is the end of the world news: sponsored by god
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000