Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Farthest Reach is in stores!!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mally1138
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  03:04:05  Show Profile  Visit mally1138's Homepage Send mally1138 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just thought I would let everyone know that The Last Mythal, Book 2, "the Farthest Reach" is in stores. Picked up my copy today at Borders

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  11:39:57  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information, I think i will be heading for the nearest book store to take a first look.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  12:55:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mally1138

Just thought I would let everyone know that The Last Mythal, Book 2, "the Farthest Reach" is in stores. Picked up my copy today at Borders

Enjoy the tome. I hope to get my copy of the novel in the mail today or tomorrow. Of course, that means I have to hurry up and finish my re-read of the first novel in this series.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 22 Jun 2005 12:56:40
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  17:01:11  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mally1138

Hmmm, looks like it's time for my lunchbreak....

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  17:22:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My B&N is really bad about getting in new books at the same time as everyone else... It'll likely be another week or two before I see this book.

But that's okay. After I finish Realms of Dragons II, then I can re-read Forsaken House. Re-reading Elminster's Daughter will have to get bumped a bit further down on the list.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  02:22:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my copy today. And since we have a few scribes with copies, this novel needs a discussion thread.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 23 Jun 2005 02:26:15
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  02:26:14  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME?! It's out! Arrgh!!!

You guys do not understand the frustration I'm feeling. I just picked up four FR novels yesterday coz Indigo was doing a "buy 3 get the 4th paperback free" deal. If I knew Farthest Reach was coming out already, I would've chucked The Sorcerer back to the damned clerk!

And yes, I did buy The Sorcerer by Troy Denning, even though I've complained many times about how much the series has annoyed me. I bought it coz I want to know what happens. It's kind of like roadkill on the street: it's so disgusting but you can't help but keep looking at it.

Hmm... but I'm surprised I didn't see Farthest Reach at Chapter's (bookstore that's bought out by Indigo), even though it was like the biggest one in Richmond. Oh well, I guess I'll buy it later in the summer. Oh btw, can anyone post a link to the cover art of this novel? The one in WotC shows the wrong novel.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  02:31:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101
Oh btw, can anyone post a link to the cover art of this novel? The one in WotC shows the wrong novel.

WOTC web site mistake? I'm shocked.

As for the cover, try this link.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  02:46:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does any Australian scribe have a "projected" release date for Farthest Reach in Australia yet? I've heard nothing so far...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  03:12:15  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link, Sirius! Much appreciated!

Hmm... okay, the female in the front looks to be Sarya if I'm not mistakened. But is the figure holding the sword a skeleton warrior or something?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  03:15:03  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

After I finish Realms of Dragons II. . .

You're reading it? Brilliant! Curious to see what you think of it.

As for The Farthest Reach -- that's awesome. I'll have to pick it up ASAP.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  03:36:08  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh man!I haven't even started my re-read of Forsaken House yet!!!!

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  04:26:36  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang it, it's out? I'll have to hope it'll be on store shelves tomorrow then.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2005 :  13:19:03  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Thanks for the link, Sirius! Much appreciated!

Hmm... okay, the female in the front looks to be Sarya if I'm not mistakened. But is the figure holding the sword a skeleton warrior or something?

Welcome. Not sure what the figure is, but Sarya looks deliciously evil up close.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000